Pull My Daisy (Robert Frank, 1958) TVRip VO (Sub. italiano)

Sección dedicada al cine experimental. Largometrajes, cortos, series y material raro, prácticamente desconocido o de interés muy minoritario.
trep

Pull My Daisy (Robert Frank, 1958) TVRip VO (Sub. italiano)

Mensaje por trep » Vie 01 Abr, 2005 17:02

Imagen
IMDb - 6.9/10 (73 votes)

PULL MY DAISY

Director: Robert Frank

Screen play: Jack Kerouac

Director of phtography: Robert Frank, Alfred Leslie

Editing: Leon Prochnik, Robert Frank, Alfred Leslie

Music: David Amram

Cast: Mooney Peebles, Allen Ginsberg, Gregory Corso, Peter Orlovsky, Larry Rivers

Production: G-String Enterprises

Language: English

Subtitles: Hardcoded italian (TVRip)

1959 - 16 mm - Noir et blanc - 27'

[quote]Swiss director and photographer Robert Frank films his friends, the principal protagonists of the «Beat Generation». It was Kerouac's idea to bring together 10 or so people to whom he would lend his voice, commenting the scenes with his jazzy diction. Cult film for an entire generation, Pull My Daisy echoes Cassavetes' Shadows. Its poetry, humor and love have rarely been equalled.
-----------------------------------------
Pull My Daisy received its theatrical premiere on November 11, 1959 at Cinema 16, on a double bill with John Cassavetes’ Shadows. In his introduction to Parker Tyler’s book Underground Film, J. Hoberman says it was at this moment that “the Underground announced itself.” Jonas Mekas praised the film as a “free improvisation” and Jerry Kallmer perceived in it a cinematic movement “toward ‘pure film’, spontaneity, freedom.” No doubt a significant amount of what we see on screen was improvised; however, it’s clear watching the film now that the composition of the shots – and, of course, the storyline itself – were carefully planned. It’s a measure of the filmmakers’ achievement that the feeling of spontaneity comes through even today.
[ http://andel.home.mindspring.com/beatcinema1_notes.htm ][/quote]

Ooook, finally I've bought a cheap DVD recorder, so it's time for some TVRips ;)
More rare stuff from Rai3 to come :D

[quote]
Pull My Daisy (Robert Frank 1959)(Kerouac, Ginsberg, Corso)(TVRip).avi, 188Mb
video: 432x320 00:26:13 25fps DivX 858Kbps
audio: 48KHz 00:26:13 Stereo 135Kbps mp3
[/quote]

THE LINK:
ed2k linkPull My Daisy (Robert Frank 1959)(Kerouac, Ginsberg, Corso)(TVRip).avi ed2k link stats

Imagen
Imagen

Fitzcarraldo

Mensaje por Fitzcarraldo » Vie 01 Abr, 2005 17:08

WOW.. 8O you deserve a statue made of soap for this one

bluegardenia

Re: Pull My Daisy (1958)

Mensaje por bluegardenia » Vie 01 Abr, 2005 17:19

Oh, my dear Kerouac!!! Astonishing :o Trep
trep escribió:
Ooook, finally I've bought a cheap DVD recorder, so it's time for some TVRips ;)
More rare stuff from Rai3 to come :D
We'll be waiting.

erda

Mensaje por erda » Vie 01 Abr, 2005 17:25

pauso a kerouac

atalante75

Mensaje por atalante75 » Vie 01 Abr, 2005 19:05

Last week I went to a very interesting exhibition about Robert Frank in Barcelona's museum of contemporary art (MACBA) which I recommend to anybody who happens to be here. I enjoyed it very much, even tough I didn't have time to see all the Robert Frank's movies that were displayed. I searched the mule for those pictures without any success. And only a few days later, somebody reads my mind...

What can I say? Just thank you!!!!

Do you have any more Robert Frank stuff??

Bye

trep

Mensaje por trep » Vie 01 Abr, 2005 19:09

Fitzcarraldo escribió:WOW.. 8O you deserve a statue made of soap for this one
:lol: I like that, bubbling away with fresh fumes in the rain...

Next TV/VHSrips:

-> Aldis (ultra-rare 60 min. surreal movie by one of the best italian directors, Giuseppe (M.) Gaudino)[ from Rai3];

-> Harry Partch's Delusion of the Fury + interview [VHSrip]

-> "Inventario Balcanico" by Gianikian & Ricci-Lucchi [Rai3]

...then maybe some Sharunas Barta? (do these names ring a bell to someone here? ;))
Última edición por trep el Vie 01 Abr, 2005 19:55, editado 1 vez en total.

Faeton

Mensaje por Faeton » Vie 01 Abr, 2005 19:49

F@ck Kerouac :P Robert Frank's one of my favourite photographers :mrgreen: :plas: :plas:
atalante75 escribió:Last week I went to a very interesting exhibition about Robert Frank in Barcelona's museum of contemporary art (MACBA)
Maybe it's the same expo ("hold still_keep going") that was at the MNCARS (Madrid's museum of modern art) a couple of years ago. They had a nice selection of Frank's photos plus a continous projection of some of his films. I don't remember this one, though :?
trep escribió:(do these names ring a bell to someone here? )
I've only heard of Bartas, but keep'em coming :mrgreen:
Fitzcarraldo escribió:WOW.. you deserve a statue made of soap for this one
What?! No enema this time?! :twisted: :juas:

trep

Mensaje por trep » Vie 01 Abr, 2005 20:07

Faeton escribió:F@ck Kerouac :P Robert Frank's one of my favourite photographers :mrgreen: :plas: :plas:
Yup, I agree with you. I don't like the antics of the beatniks in this movie (or elsewhere) but Frank's direction/photography is masterful...
I've only heard of Bartas, but keep'em coming :mrgreen:
Check this link for a little appetiser about Yervant Gianikian and Angela Ricci-Lucchi:

http://www.fiff.ch/fiffbdd/fiche_film.p ... 75&lang=en

they've been amongst the first working artistically on ancient lost footage (family movies, war footage - if there's interest I have their movies made from footage by WWI soldiers...). Great italian experimenters, but in Italy few cares about them...

More infos:

http://www.sensesofcinema.com/contents/ ... r2004.html
http://www.anthologyfilmarchives.org/sc ... mit=Search
http://www.filmfestivalrotterdam.com/en ... /1391.html

spione

Mensaje por spione » Vie 01 Abr, 2005 20:31

welcome these tvrips :mrgreen:

Faeton

Mensaje por Faeton » Vie 01 Abr, 2005 20:49

trep escribió:they've been amongst the first working artistically on ancient lost footage (family movies, war footage - if there's interest I have their movies made from footage by WWI soldiers...).
Yum yum!! Of course!! :D I myself have a couple of found footage films (Delpeut's) as my next releases (along with some Mekas, Marker, Sokurov, Hubley, Straub & other niceties).

trep

Mensaje por trep » Vie 01 Abr, 2005 21:30

Faeton escribió:Yum yum!! Of course!! :D I myself have a couple of found footage films (Delpeut's) as my next releases (along with some Mekas, Marker, Sokurov, Hubley, Straub & other niceties).
ImagenImagen

:D

el_saturn

Mensaje por el_saturn » Vie 01 Abr, 2005 21:35

Thanks a lot for this one!
do these names ring a bell to someone here?
Well, I only know Harry Partch's album, and I'd like to see the video

LauRíSTiCa

Mensaje por LauRíSTiCa » Sab 02 Abr, 2005 07:44

8O 8O 8O CLICK!

Biografía:
http://www.elangelcaido.org/fotografos/ ... nkbio.html
Imagen

Info The Americans:
http://www.elangelcaido.org/fotografos/ ... nkcom.html
Imagen Imagen
Robert Frank es conocido por su indiscutible aportación a la fotografía de mediados del siglo veinte. Sin embargo, a finales de la década de los cincuenta, en el mismo momento en que empezaba a ser reconocido profesionalmente, abandonó temporalmente la fotografía para convertirse en cineasta. Esta selección de películas –en las que abarca múltiples formatos que van del cine directo o pseudo documental a la road-movie o al diario personal–, facilita un análisis más detallado de la decisiva influencia que el cine ejerció en los aspectos narrativos y secuenciales de su fotografía. No se trata de un capítulo aislado en su trayectoria, sino todo lo contrario. En las películas desarrolla y radicaliza los intereses iniciados en su trabajo fotográfico, entre los que se encuentra la reflexión sobre el propio acto creativo, la contaminación entre los aspectos temporales y espaciales que le ofrecen ambos medios, la fotografía y el cine, la dicotomía entre realidad y ficción o el análisis sobre la relación entre el recuerdo, el lenguaje y las imágenes.
Pull My Daisy
Robert Frank y Alfred Leslie, Estados Unidos, 1959, 16mm, 28'.
Escrito y narrado por Jack Kerouac, Pull My Daisy marca la irrupción de Robert Frank en el cine. Este icono de la filmografía norteamericana independiente, que documenta la vida cotidiana en un loft en el Bowery de Nueva York, constituye una visión clásica del alma de la generación Beat.
Imagen
Aus/From "Pull My Daisy", 1959; 28.2 x 34.7 cm, © Robert Frank

Más info en inglés:
http://andel.home.mindspring.com/beatcinema1_notes.htm

:plas: :plas: :plas: GRAZIE MILLE TREP!

auess

Mensaje por auess » Sab 02 Abr, 2005 19:30

THANKS TREP!!! :meparto: :juas: (:-) been looking for this one and his candy mountain for ages...now dreams coming true. :D :D :D
I LOVE italian TV station...so many great flickers there...

LauRíSTiCa

Mensaje por LauRíSTiCa » Sab 02 Abr, 2005 22:16

Finished! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

bluegardenia

Mensaje por bluegardenia » Sab 02 Abr, 2005 22:59

Otra completa por aquí. Unas 32 fuentes en total.
Un saludo :P
Cuadruplico y voy a por más

stargazer

Mensaje por stargazer » Dom 03 Abr, 2005 12:43

Muchas gracias por estas cosas 8O

Aquí os copio unos breves comentarios sobre esta película que he encontrado en el libro que cito en primer lugar. En el último texto se desvelan algunas cosas del argumento, aunque no es un film en el que eso importe demasiado, pero avisado queda por si acaso.
Mario Maffi, La cultura underground, 1972 escribió: "Llegamos de este modo a Pull my Daisy (1959), filmado por el fotógrafo Robert Frank y el pintor Alfred Leslie, e interpretado por Allen Gingberg, Peter Orlovsky, Gregory Corso y otro pintor famoso, Larry Rivers. Con este film nos instalamos n el Olimpo de la poesía beat, y del arte post-action painting. (El film está inspirado en el tercer acto de una comedia de Jack Kerouac, y el propio Kerouac presta su voz fuera de campo, con un monólogo-narración semi-improvisado. Dos años antes Kerouac había publicado On the road y Gingsberg Howl; Ferlinghetti había ido a la cárcel como editor del poema de Gigsberg; en 1958 había aparecido The Subterranians, de Kerouac, y en 1959 The Naked Lunch, de Burroughs). Con Pull my Daisy se entra en una fase que anuncia el underground cinema y en parte ya lo es. Una fase en que el naturalismo y el cinéma vérité influyen todavía en cierta medida sobre los jóvenes cineastas (...)"
Jonas Mekas, Towards a Spontaneous Cinema, 1959. escribió: "Pull my Daisy es una suma más que una selección de imágenes. Se parece a un koan zen: considerado en los términos de la lógica, es absurdo y carente de sentido. No es un film de acción o de afirmaciones lógicas: es un retrato de sentimientos interiores"
Harris Dienstfrey, The New American Cinema, 1967. escribió: "...el film es un ebrio, ruidoso, alegre homenaje al hombre natural, variedad beat, extremadamente divertido. Pocas películas han reproducido la luz con tan ligera delicadeza... o descubierto la belleza de los objetos vulgares de manera tan poco pretenciosa... Pull my Daisy pertenece a la gran tradición del épater le bourgeois, si bien en este caso "bourgeois" es sinónimo de "mujer".

Dos beats -Allen Gingsberg y Gregory Corso- visitan a su amigo Milo (interpretado por el pintor Larry Rivers). Milo no está, todavía está trabajando, así que los dos matan el tiempo fumando marihuana, componiendo extraños poemas, y entregándose a delirantes diálogos socráticos. Mientras tanto, la mujer de Milo no cesa de prepararse en espera de la visita de un predicador de barrio. Milo regresa, con desenvoltura, en compañía de otro beat. Cuando llega el predicador, seguido de entouráge femenino compuesto de una madre encorsetada y su hija solterona, los beats están desmadrados, y bromean y ríen a carcajadas, felices, tiernos como niños. La cámara acompaña el juego. Los beats dirigen al predicador algunas "preguntas realmente serias": "¿gorgotea la ignorancia mientras sube la plateada escalera de las palomas seráficas?... Padre, ¿es santo el caimán?... ¿Es santa toda la láctea luz lunar?... ¿Es santo el santo?". El predicador replica con algo que podría considerarse una excelente respuesta estilo zen: "Creo que es mejor que me vaya y celebre mis santos oficios", y se retira. La mujer, pálida de ira, los echa a todos. Pero, ¿qué les puede importar a Milo y a sus amigos? Bajan ruidosamente las escaleras, enemigos instintivos de los comisarios femeninos y de la no-vida pequeño-burguesa. "Vamos", dice Kerouac, "¡hala...! Se van"."

LauRíSTiCa

Mensaje por LauRíSTiCa » Dom 03 Abr, 2005 13:03

¿Alguien se anima con unos subs en castellano?
Si yo por pedir que no quede... :mrgreen:

srbungle

Mensaje por srbungle » Lun 24 Sep, 2007 00:51

dos años despues pregunto, alguien se animo?

Faeton

Mensaje por Faeton » Sab 09 Ago, 2008 19:20

Os traigo un nuevo ripeo de los DVDs de Steidl.

ImagenImagenImagenImagen

Código: Seleccionar todo

File Name .........................................: Pull my daisy (Robert Frank, 1959) - [DVDrip-Xvid-MP3].avi
File Size (in bytes) ............................: 383,270,912 bytes
Runtime ............................................: 26:23.131

Video Codec ...................................: XviD 1.1.2 Final
Frame Size ......................................: 640x480 (AR: 1.333)
FPS .................................................: 29.970
Video Bitrate ...................................: 1793 kb/s
Bits per Pixel ...................................: 0.195 bpp
B-VOP, N-VOP, QPel, GMC.............: [B-VOP], [], [], []

Audio Codec ...................................: 0x0055 MPEG-1 Layer 3
Sample Rate ...................................: 48000 Hz
Audio Bitrate ...................................: 129 kb/s [2 channel(s)] VBR
No. of audio streams .......................: 1

ed2k linkPull my daisy (Robert Frank, 1959) - (DVDrip-Xvid-MP3).avi ed2k link stats