Cinematic LSD, Tony Conrad's Flicker (1965)

Sección dedicada al cine experimental. Largometrajes, cortos, series y material raro, prácticamente desconocido o de interés muy minoritario.
Fitzcarraldo

Cinematic LSD, Tony Conrad's Flicker (1965)

Mensaje por Fitzcarraldo » Vie 29 Oct, 2004 18:09

Time for some cinematic Lysergic Acid :mrgreen:

This is one of a kind movie by autor Tony Conrad, an early minimalist experiment that causes hallucinations when watched.

I can imagine back in 1965 people on a movie theater doing acid and watching this :rofl:
Tony Conrad
«The Flicker»

A film consisting of only alternating black-and-white film images. During the projection, light and dark sequences alternate to changing rhythms and produce stroboscopic and flickering effects; and while viewing these, they cause optic impressions which simulate colors and forms. In the process, the film also stimulates physiological in place of psychological impressions, by not addressing the senses as such, but rather triggering direct neural reactions. Tony Conrad, who has devoted himself to an intensive study of the physiology of the nervous system, created with «The Flicker» an icon of the structural film, which succeeds without a narrative or reproducible imagery. Since the seen is not captured through the eyes, but rather first produced in the brain.

Heike Helfert

Tony Conrad

He is known in various circles as an avant-guarde video artist, experimental filmmaker, musician/composer, sound artist, teacher and writer. Along with John Cale, Angus MacLise, La Monte Young, and Marian Zazeela Conrad was a co-founder of the Theater of Eternal Music, which utilized non-Western musical forms and sustained sound to produce what they called dream music. Their collective work «Day of Niagara» (1965) is one of the earliest examples of the work of the new minimal composers/performers. Graduate of Harvard University in 1962, teaches at the Department of Media Study at S.U.N.Y. Buffalo.

From: http://www.medienkunstnetz.de/artist/to ... biography/
Imagen

HERE IS THE SPECS:

Size: 606 MB
Codec: Xvid
FPS: 29.970
Duration: 00h 28m 06s
Video Bitrate: 2858 kb/s
Audio: Mp3
Audio Bitrate: 152 kb/s
Resolution: 560x416

CLICK HERE:

ed2k linkThe.Flicker.by.Tony.Conrad.(by.Fitz).avi ed2k link stats

WARNING: People suffering from Epilepsie should be careful when watching this.

My Next RIP: The black and white and tinted versions of Emperor Tomato Ketchup by Terayama.

Hope my efforts, will not be in vain so please click it.

By the way, feel free to post it whatever you want it.

j8ta

Mensaje por j8ta » Vie 29 Oct, 2004 18:20

clic! :mrgreen:

Jacob
Exprópiese

Mensaje por Jacob » Vie 29 Oct, 2004 18:30

¡ñam, ñam! Imagen
hehehe... Imagen

Thanx!

cacaodao2

Mensaje por cacaodao2 » Vie 29 Oct, 2004 22:23

mejor que los pokemon !

immediate download

tethor

Re: Cinematic LSD, Tony Conrad's Flicker (1965)

Mensaje por tethor » Sab 30 Oct, 2004 13:29

Fitzcarraldo escribió:
A film consisting of only alternating black-and-white film images.
HERE IS THE SPECS:
Video Bitrate: 2858 kb/s
Nice bitrate for alt B&W img :twisted:

(just kiddin') THANKS ;)
Fitzcarraldo escribió: My Next RIP: The black and white and tinted versions of Emperor Tomato Ketchup by Terayama.
8O 8O :plas: :plas:

trep

Mensaje por trep » Sab 30 Oct, 2004 15:36

ImagenImagen

I'm flickering too! Thanks Fitz - as soon as I'm over updating my computer OS I'll be all over it!

Maldoror

Mensaje por Maldoror » Sab 30 Oct, 2004 15:45

Looks Great!

On queue... :? by the moment my HD is full... :cry:

Thanx Fitz!
Imagen

Fitzcarraldo

Mensaje por Fitzcarraldo » Sab 30 Oct, 2004 22:36

I think I managed to get a much better copy of Emperor Tomato Ketchup, so it will have to wait a few more weeks, sorry... but I think consedering how rare the movie is the better copy we cand find the better. Either ways only the tinted version is bleached so i'll post the smaller black and white version just to set the appetite on :D, so my next release will be AN AMAZING animation movie Called Hospital Brut you can see some images and some info here http://www.lafriche.org/event/9901/hopitalbrut/, it's truly amazing I got the past week I watched 5 times already 8)

Arcadia_Ego

Mensaje por Arcadia_Ego » Dom 31 Oct, 2004 13:59

:mrgreen: