Hangman's House (John Ford, 1928) DVDRip VOSE

La edad de la Pantalla de Plata. Publica y encuentra enlaces p2p de filmes silentes (desde los albores del Cine hasta los años 30) en esta sección.
Foratul
Mister Spears

Hangman's House (John Ford, 1928) DVDRip VOSE

Mensaje por Foratul » Sab 19 Ene, 2008 01:17

De nuevo un torrent de amnesiac ¿quién si no? desde KG.
IMDB - Silentera - VHSRip
Imagen
Imagen

Título en España Legado trágico
Directed by John Ford
Titles: Malcolm Stuart Boylan
Adaptation: Philip Klein, Based on a novel by Donn Byrne
Producer: William Fox
Cinematographer: George Schneiderman
Editor: Margaret Clancey
Cast: Victor McLaglen, June Collyer, Earle Foxe, Larry Kent, John Wayne
Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide escribió:Long believed lost, this fascinating John Ford-directed silent film was rediscovered and restored in the early 1970s. Based on the 1926 novel by Donn Byrne, the film stars Hobart Bosworth as Irish "hanging judge" James O'Brien. Even on his deathbed, O'Brien cannot stop meddling in the affairs of his daughter Connaught (June Collyer), insisting that the girl marry wealthy wastrel John Darcy (Earl Foxe). Alas, Connaught despises Darcy, preferring instead the poor-but-decent Donnaugh McDonnaugh (Larry Kent). Meanwhile, Irish expatriate Hogan (Victor McLaglen) returns to the Auld Sod to avenge his family's honor by killing the caddish Darcy. One of the highlights of Hangman's House is a steeplechase sequence, predating a similar sequence in Ford's The Quiet Man by 25 years. A young, unbilled John Wayne can clearly be spotted in this scene, enthusiastically urging on his favorite horse; reportedly, Wayne also appears as a condemned prisoner in a flashback sequence.
-----------------------------------

John Wayneon how he got into movies (interviewed by Peter Bogdanovich)
PB: I saw Ford's Hangman's House (1928) and -
JW: Oh, Jesus! There was the third time! (that John Wayne almost turned his back on Hollywood. The other times were during Mother Machree and Four Sons.)That one pretty near really cost me my career-and I thought it had. I was at school and the prop man Lefty Huff called me up and said, "Pappy Ford says there's a young Irish boy got to be hung in this picture. he's got to be in the prisoner's box, and we're gonna do it tonight. If you wanna pick up seven and a half, fine. Come on over." So I went over, and they had be standing in the prisoner's box. And a very dramatic actor - Christ, I can't remember his name - played the judge [Hobart Bosworth]. Anyway, he was telling all the cowboys how he used to do his own stunts - he was really carrying on - and I'd had quite a bit of listening to this guy talk - as the young always have, I guess, when older people tell about their past glories. So this fella begins his line: "And ye shall hang by the neck until you are dead, dead, dead!" And as he points, the camera moves up to a close up. Well, about the third time they were doing this I said "AAAAMEN!" And all the noise on the set - still silent pictures, remember - stopped right then, so this "AAAAMEN!"came out like a bullhorn! Jesus, I got all the attention in the room, and Jack says "Get that sonofabitch out of the prisoner's box! Get him off the stage! Get him off the goddamned lot! I don't ever want to see him again!" Well, shit, I went over and got out of my clothes, started out of the front gate, and old Lefty Huff stops me; he says - Jack doesn't want to be the old sonofabitch to see you because you'd ruin the guy's performance. Just stay the hell out of sight." So that's the way it was. I thought I was through.

PB - You also played a specator at the -
JW - Oh, that was a Saturday thing where I broke down the fence.

PB - It was very funny, you walking over the fence.
JW - Actually, I think that was before school started. I was propping at the time.

PB - And he just put you in.
JW - He just stuck me in there...

-------------------------------------

Review: A Melodrama, of Ireland.
Sure, it's a fine horse race in Hangman's House," that new picture at the Roxy Theatre. It is exactly like a race in old Erin, and it makes you think quite a bit of the Grand National, and, as every one knows, it's invariably an Irish horse that wins at Aintree. It's a great picture this, with the mists hanging over the dear old roads, the green, he cottages and the water. The black-hearted scoundrel now and again, it's true, gives you too much of his infernal smirking, and John Ford, the director, a man from Irish stock, makes this villain drink too much. Sure he's always carrying the bottle with him through the rooms of the fine old castle, the place that's known as "Hangman's House," for it's there that James O'Brien lives. And he's the fellow who sees in the Ïreplace of his library all the men and women he's sentenced to death.

Victor McLaglen, with a cuss every how and again on his lips for John Darcy, is grand as Citizen Hogan, that splendid fellow who poses as a monk and then as a blind beggar, so as to even up matters with Darcy. It's he who weds first Hogan's sister, and deserts her, and then takes for his bride Connaught O'Brien, who is in love with that upstanding young chap, Dermott McDermott. It's Dermott, bless his soul, who wins the race on St. Stephen's Day, and it's that blackguard Darcy, who, after having caused a jockey to be murdered, shoots the poor horse.

This story has an excellent start, for Citizen Hogan is introduced as an officer in the French army in Algiers, and it's after returning from ??? patrol that he receives a telegram ???etting him know that his sister died shortly after Darcy deserted her. What would you expect a man like Hogan to do? Just what he does. He stands up at the mess table and ???ays to his commandant:

"You'll have to be excusing me for ??? while, as I've got a man to kill."

You don't then know why, but you suspect that any man that Hogan's going to kill deserves all that he gets. There's no shilly-shallying about Hogan, for he travels to Ireland to find his man, risking capture by the British, who have offered a reward for him, dead or alive. The first glimpse that Darcy catches of Hogan, dressed as a monk, causes Mr. Darcy to expect that his end's coming soon and that it's not going to be a very comfortable exit from the world.

Faith, and the Judge's daughter, Connaught, surely inherited her prettiness and her kindness from her mother. She's so sweet that when the selfish old Judge asks her to marry Darcy she consents to do so to satisfy this father of hers. The old man at the time is told by his physician that he may live a day or so and possibly a month, but no more. That's his sentence for sending so many poor people to the gallows. And he doesn't live a month. The knowledge that he's going to die soon causes the monster to reflect on his inhuman sentences, and this hastens the end. Anyway, his daughter is unlike him. She has a charming nose, eyes like the reflections in Killarney's lakes, real eyebrows that haven't been plucked and lips, which, although the picture isn't colored, bring to one's mind a red rose. And in real life all this beauty belongs to June Collyer, whose acting is good, but occasionally it seems as though she were a little nervous. And, seeing all that's happening around her, with a bearded villain winning her hand in marriage, it's no wonder that she is occasionally kind of scared.

Larry Kent is a nice young man. He plays Dermott, who wins the horse race and also, as you expect, Connaught. It is a man named Earle Foxe who officiates as Darcy. Mr. Foxe is pretty good, for he makes Darcy just about as bad a villain as one would hope to see. But Mr. Foxe is a trifle too fond of smiling in a sinister fashion when he's got the upper hand. It's the smile of anticipation, like that of Victor MeLagIen, that means something. Those old-fashioned villains always used to snort and smirk, but the new type, although just as bad, don't care to reveal their gratification at an ignoble victory.

And, just before "Hangman's House" flows to the screen, there are sundry features of considerable interest, especially a charming affair preceding the picture. It has nothing to do with Ireland. It's a Venetian fantasy, rich and lovely, with a fine sense of color combinations and graceful dancing.
Morduant Hall, NY Times, May 14, 1928
Capturas JPG
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen

Datos

Código: Seleccionar todo

File Name ...................: John Ford - Hangman's House [1928].avi
File Size (in bytes) ..........: 941,842,432 bytes
Runtime ....................: 01:10:58

Video Codec .....................: XviD
Frame Size ....................: 640x480 (AR: 1.333)
FPS .......................: 23.976
Video Bitrate .................: 1583 kb/s
Bits per Pixel ...............: 0.215 bpp
B-VOP, N-VOP, QPel, GMC.............: [B-VOP], [], [], []

Audio Codec .....................: 0x0055(MP3, ISO) MPEG-1 Layer 3
Sample Rate .....................: 48000 Hz
Audio Bitrate .................: 183 kb/s [2 channel(s)] VBR
No. of audio streams ...............: 1
-----------------------
1 Bframe consecutiva. Quantizer Medio 5.1. Matriz Custom
Película.avi (silente con intertulios en inglés)
ed2k linkJohn Ford - Hangman's House (1928).avi ed2k link stats

Subtitulos (subpack francés, español)
ed2k linkSubtitles John Ford - Hangman's House (1928).rar ed2k link stats
Cine Mudo - John Ford
With malice toward none, with charity for all

spione

Mensaje por spione » Sab 19 Ene, 2008 02:14

subtitulos en español en Opensubtitles

GandalfMetal

Mensaje por GandalfMetal » Sab 19 Ene, 2008 02:26

Pincho
古典的な映画館

Vincent-Vega

Mensaje por Vincent-Vega » Sab 19 Ene, 2008 03:25

Voyyyyyy. Gracias de nuevo :mrgreen:

sargentoyork

Mensaje por sargentoyork » Sab 19 Ene, 2008 08:51

Me apunto

HariSeldon

Mensaje por HariSeldon » Dom 20 Ene, 2008 15:11

Me pongo

Un saludo

samillankis

Mensaje por samillankis » Dom 20 Ene, 2008 15:54

Estoy con ella desde ayer. Gracias :wink:

tom_doniphon

Mensaje por tom_doniphon » Dom 20 Ene, 2008 17:16

pinchada también por aquí.
zenkiu

dhrapi
Dipsómano consagrado.

Mensaje por dhrapi » Dom 20 Ene, 2008 17:58

Muchas gracias, Foratul.

Saludos. :wink:
Jamás saldré vivo de este mundo.

estebandas

Mensaje por estebandas » Lun 21 Ene, 2008 12:45

Muchas gracias por esta nueva película del gran maestro Fored.

spione

Mensaje por spione » Lun 21 Ene, 2008 14:35

estebandas escribió:Muchas gracias por esta nueva película del gran maestro Fored.
gran maestro ese Fored :mrgreen:

dhrapi
Dipsómano consagrado.

Mensaje por dhrapi » Lun 28 Ene, 2008 13:31

Fored Gump. Famosísimo. (Mala leshe gastamos :D ).

Completa y compartiendo por aquí. Muchas gracias, Foratul. :wink:

Saludos.
Jamás saldré vivo de este mundo.