Vynález zkázy / Na komete (Karel Zeman, 1958/1970 )

El Foro de Animación. De calidad y tal. Caben dibus, stop-motion, plastilina, pin-screen...
auess

Vynález zkázy / Na komete (Karel Zeman, 1958/1970 )

Mensaje por auess » Dom 23 May, 2004 22:07

Imagen Imagen Imagen

Vynález zkázy (1958)
AKA: Weapons of Destruction
The Fabulous World Of Jules Verne
Director: Karel Zeman
Genre: Fantasy, Surrealist animation, Adventure
Runtime: 83 min
Language: Czech
Subs: Unavailable atm...
Color: Black and White
Keywords: weapons, aristocrat, conquest, daughter, inventor, kidnap, love, sabotage, scientist, shuttle, submarine, bad-guy, domination-of-earth, good-guy, good-vs-evil
IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052374/

The gloriously larger-than-life Czech fantasy Vynalez Zkaky (Weapons of Destruction) was based on a novel by Jules Verne. Set during the 19th century Industrial Revolution, the film concerns the efforts of the villainous Count Artigas (Miloslav Holub) to conquer the world with the aid of futuristic inventions created by kidnapped scientist Professor Thomas (Arnost Navratil). Having fallen in love with the professor's virtuous, resourceful daughter Jeanne (Jana Zatloukalova), stalwart hero Simon (Lubor Tokos) does his best to sabotage Artigas' schemes. Props essential to the action include a fished-shaped submarine, bicycle-style undersea shuttlecraft, and an impossibly huge cannon, secreted on a volcanic island. Curiously, when Vynalez Zkaky was unveiled to the world at the 1958 Brussels Film Festival, reviewers downplayed its most striking visual aspect: throughout the film, the art direction and special effects are brilliantly rendered in the style of 19th century engravings and woodcuts. In 1961, an English-dubbed version of Vynalez Zkaky, with character names changed and a few minutes' footage excised, was released in the US as The Fabulous World of Jules Verne. — Hal Erickson

Czechoslovakian animator Karel Zeman has created a number of feature films noted for their creativity and for blending live-action with animation and wonderful special effects. Born and raised in Moravia, he started out dressing windows and painting posters. From there Zeman made a few advertising films. In the mid-'40s, he created Mr. Prokouk the Bureaucrat, a popular cartoon character. He also began making short films and experimenting with different types of animation using drawings and puppet figures. Zeman began making feature films such as The Fabulous World of Jules Verne (1957) and Baron Munchausen (1962). — Sandra Brennan

Vynález zkázy is regarded as the best work of Karel Zeman, although I think that it is largely subjective, because his further movies are not too worse. However, here he for the first time used a special, willfully naive stylization that combines live actors and real landscape with animated models and painted background. This style was inspired by pictures of Rion and Bennet, two painters, who made illustrations for the first editions of Verne's books, and by mute movies of French director Georges Mélies from the beginning of the 20th century.

This film is a world of wonders, containing a plethora of fantastic air, undersea, and earthbound inventions, plus a giant laboratory in a volcanic crater and an epic slugfest with a giant squid. The ingenious inventor of a powerful explosive is abducted by a Captain Nemo-like count who carries him off to a mysterious island, where he plans to put his invention to evil use. But the inventor’s faithful assistant comes to the rescue, foiling the villain’s plans to conquer the world. This film—the first to feature Zeman’s unique combination of actors, puppets, and cartoons based on the original steel-engraved illustrations of Verne’s novels—earned him an Expo Award at the 1958 Brussels Expo, as well as several prizes at festivals in France.

ed2k linkvyn醠ez.zk醶y.avi ed2k link stats

(1 FULL, SEVERAL UNFINISHED SOURCES ATM) :)

Imagen Imagen

DavidM

Mensaje por DavidM » Dom 23 May, 2004 22:48

Mmmmmmmmmmm... :?:

I had a Zeman file in the queue but never got to download a byte... I've been waiting for someone to release something else... I will wait to see if you people can get this. A Zeman movie would probably be the best download ever. :twisted:

En cristiano: que ojalá esto pudiera bajarse, yo ya la tuve (o alguna otra de Karel Zeman) y no se bajaba nada. Si es posible bajarla, entonces no quepa duda de que sería la aportación más grande de toda la sección ZXZ. :mrgreen: (Lo digo sin ni siquiera haberla visto: tales ganas y referencias tengo sobre el indescriptible Karel Zeman).

DavidM

DavidM

Mensaje por DavidM » Dom 23 May, 2004 23:05

I had a Zeman file in the queue but never got to download a byte...
auess, I remembered. It wasn't the elink you've said. It was this one:

ed2k linkbaron.prasil.avi ed2k link stats

Which should be Zeman's "Adventures of Baron Munchausen" (1961).
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054665/

2 full sources right now.

DavidM

auess

Mensaje por auess » Lun 24 May, 2004 01:52

If so, get this at first, i think this one is better and rarer than that one u said. :wink: and now i"m getting the data from the sources. :P

auess

Mensaje por auess » Dom 06 Jun, 2004 03:42

the guy who sharing Vynález zkázy, are also sharing this now:

Na komete (1970) On the Comet
Directed by Karel Zeman
IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066121/

Imagen

ed2k linkna.komete.avi ed2k link stats
only he's full source.

pilotprix

Mensaje por pilotprix » Dom 06 Jun, 2004 15:57

anybody has subtitles for Vynalez Zkazy?

//prix

Luxor

Mensaje por Luxor » Jue 17 Jun, 2004 14:26

¿Que ha pasado con las 2 fuentes completas de Baron Prasil? Hace dias que no aparecen. :cry:
Imagen

Luxor

Mensaje por Luxor » Sab 19 Jun, 2004 08:57

Vynalez Zkazy descargada y compartiendo. Me sumo a la petición de subtítulos, ¿Alguien domina el Checoslovaco? :P De todas formas parece que no tiene mucho diálogo.
Imagen

LauRíSTiCa

Mensaje por LauRíSTiCa » Vie 25 Jun, 2004 08:52

Vynalez Zkazy descargada y compartiendo. Me sumo a la petición de subtítulos, ¿Alguien domina el Checoslovaco? De todas formas parece que no tiene mucho diálogo.
¿Tiene realmente poco diálogo? Es que pensaba bajarla, pero luego me pasa lo de siempre. Me dedico a coleccionar un batallón de películas sin subs en Vo en ruso, en checoslovaco, en armenio... y luego no las veo ni de coña. :lol: :lol: :lol:
De todas formas si me decís que se puede ver y disfrutar sin necesidad de los subs, me fío completamente y me la bajo ahora mismo.

Por cierto, q va a ser la primera vez que baje algo de Karel Zeman. ¿Alguien que conozca un poco su obra o haya visto alguna de sus películas podría comentar algo? ¿Alguna opinión personal? Me fío más de vosotros que de lo que pueda leer en cualquier pag web perdida por ahí.
Gracias x los enlaces y saluditos. 8)

Fredersen

Mensaje por Fredersen » Vie 25 Jun, 2004 09:48

Vynalez Zkazy tiene bastante diálogo, pero la película se puede seguir perfectamente aunque no se entienda. Yo la vi en un cine de París las navidades pasadas, y aunque comprendo algo de francés (era un pase para niños, así que estaba doblada), se me escapaban bastantes cosas. No tiene la más mínima importancia, puesto que el argumento es mínimo (y un poco tonto, a veces), y los diálogos son de lo más simple. Cualquiera que haya leído a Verne no necesita más para entrar en la ficción de Zeman; acaso una breve sinopsis del argumento como la que proporciona auess pueda ser de ayuda.

Y, en todo caso, el placer de esta película es puramente visual. Me atrevería a decir que es mejor olvidarse de subtítulos, para no distraerse de lo que verdaderamente importa: la genial integración de actores reales en decorados que imitan los grabados del siglo XIX que ilustraban las obras de Verne. El diseño de producción es genial, Zeman tiene la inspiración de mantener en los fondos -incluso en el cielo- el rayado típico de esos grabados, y a la vez incorporar el motivo de las rayas en la vestimenta de los actores y todos los utensilios que aparecen en escena. El resultado es casi como contemplar uno de esos deliciosos grabados cobrar vida. El mágico efecto dura toda la película, y a cada rato nos sorprende Zeman con algo nuevo. Las escenas del fondo del mar (como los peces vistos a través del enorme ojo de buey del Nautilus) son de antología. Y como una imagen vale más que mil palabras:

http://www.czechcenter.com/FabJulesVerne.JPG

:wink:

(No la copio como imagen aquí porque es demasiado grande, prefiero dar el link y que la abráis aparte)

LauRíSTiCa

Mensaje por LauRíSTiCa » Mar 29 Jun, 2004 07:19

Tras leer los comentarios de Frefersen y los elogios de Luxor en el otro hilo de Zeman no he podido resistirme. Iré poquito a poquito bajando los enlaces, pero me da que va a caer más de una película.
He empezado con Vynález zkázy (1958), que parece ser la más conocida. A ver si no tarda mucho y puedo verla en un par de días.
Saludos y gracias x los comentarios. :D

Goran de Angelis

SUR LA COMÈTE (Na komete - Karel Zeman - 1970)

Mensaje por Goran de Angelis » Vie 26 Nov, 2010 20:43