When the Levees Broke (Spike Lee, 2006) TVRip VOSE

Espacio destinado a enlaces de obras cinematográficas de caracter documental.
Takeshi_Shimura

When the Levees Broke (Spike Lee, 2006) TVRip VOSE

Mensaje por Takeshi_Shimura » Sab 26 Ago, 2006 17:54

When the Levees Broke:
A Requiem in Four Acts

Imagen

HBO - IMDb

Documental - USA - 2006 - 240'

Producción:
40 Acres & A Mule Filmworks
Home Box Office (HBO)

Director:
Spike Lee (filmoDXC)

Música:
Terence Blanchard

Fotografía:
Cliff Charles

Montaje:
Barry Alexander Brown
Geeta Gandbhir
Nancy Novack
Samuel D. Pollard

enlaces:

ed2k linkWhen The Levees Broke-A Requiem In Four Acts Hdtv Ac3.5.1 Cd1 Xvid-Aaf.avi ed2k link stats
ed2k linkWhen The Levees Broke-A Requiem In Four Acts Hdtv Ac3.5.1 Cd2 Xvid-Aaf.avi ed2k link stats
ed2k linkWhen.the.Levees.Broke-A.Requiem.in.Four.Acts.HDTV.AC3.5.1.CD3.XviD-aAF.avi ed2k link stats
ed2k linkWhen.the.Levees.Broke-A.Requiem.in.Four.Acts.HDTV.AC3.5.1.CD4.XviD-aAF.avi ed2k link stats

captuas del ripeo de 4cds

ImagenImagenImagenImagen
ImagenImagenImagenImagen
ImagenImagenImagenImagen
ImagenImagenImagenImagen
ImagenImagenImagenImagen

Subtítulos en español:

cortesía de arquelao

descarga directa: opensubtitles
ed2k: ed2k linkWhen_the_levees_broke_I-IV.rar ed2k link stats

El ripeo disponible es un HDTVrip, mientras que los subtítulos proceden del DVD, con lo que puede que no estén sincronizados y/o que la división en partes no coincida. La buena noticia es que el framerate sí debería coincidir.

**NEW**
PLOK ha sincronizado los subtítulos dvdrip para el ripeo de HDTV:
PLoK escribió:Sincronizados!! y en release!! :D

Tanto para la versión de 4 CD's:

ed2k linkWhen_the_levees_broke_4CDs_castellano_sincronizados_por_PLoK.rar ed2k link stats

Como para la de 2 partes unidas de la misma versión:

ed2k linkWhen_the_levees_broke_2Parts_I-II_&_III-IV_castellano_sincronizados_por_PLoK.rar ed2k link stats

Espero no haber cometido ningún error de tiempos pq a veces me lio yo solito... Que aproveche!! xD

Salut!
Reseña
By Howard Reich
Chicago Tribune arts critic

'Levees' reveals victims, villains in New Orleans

We've read the news articles, watched the TV footage, heard the radio reports and, perhaps, already started to forget them.

With wars roiling the Middle East and terror plots threatening our skies, Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath mostly have slipped from the front pages of newspapers and the top slot on the evening news.

But the effects of the destruction of a great American city, New Orleans, never abated for those who lived through Katrina and have tried to subsist since it hit, Aug. 29, 2005. Come Monday night, the rest of us will be reminded -- in starker terms than ever -- of the agony that was delivered to the Gulf Coast nearly a year ago and continues to mount while New Orleans languishes.

At approximately four hours, Spike Lee's documentary film "When the Levees Broke: A Requiem in Four Acts" unfolds on an operatic scale (it airs on HBO in two parts, at 8 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, and various dates thereafter). Through often disturbing video footage and searing witness observations, the tale -- worthy of Verdi -- offers plenty of victims, a few heroes, a cast of villains but, alas, no saviors.

Those who believed they had seen the most revealing events that occurred in the wake of Katrina will learn from this film that they were wrong. Viewers who thought they understood the range of circumstances aligned against New Orleans in the months following the hurricane will realize they underestimated the degree of neglect, incompetence and greed that New Orleanians still endure on a daily basis.

"It was something truly that you never thought you would see in America," Dr. Louis Cataldie, Louisiana State Medical Examiner, says in the film, in describing the suffering in the days immediately after the hurricane. But the remark applies to practically everything that has occurred in New Orleans during the past year, as well.

Man-made failure

From its title to its closing credits, the film reiterates in every imaginable way that it was not Katrina that destroyed New Orleans. On the contrary, it was the man-made failure of the city's levees, and government's disregard of its consequences, that caused people to die, psyches to be shattered, neighborhoods to be eradicated, personal property to be ruined.

"People think we got hit by a hurricane," New Orleans radio announcer Garland Robinette observes in the film, pointing out that Katrina wasn't close to the Category 5 storm predicted and veered away from a direct hit on New Orleans, anyway.

"We got missed by a hurricane," Robinette continues. "Hurricane went east. ... We've been lied to all these years by the federal government."

Garland refers to the handiwork of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, which built and allegedly maintained the levees. It wasn't until this past June, however, that the Corps of Engineers released an exhaustive report accepting blame for creating and operating a porous levee system that began to give way the day Katrina arrived.

As the water levels rose to mortal levels in low-lying areas such as the Lower Ninth Ward and New Orleans East, New Orleanians too poor to get out waited on sun-scorched balconies, in dark and stultifying attics and on battered, precarious rooftops for help that often arrived too late, or not at all.

Though we all have seen TV footage of desperate people holding handmade signs scrawled with the words "Help Us," most of us have not yet laid eyes on the raw footage that Lee unflinchingly places on the screen. A woman hanging for dear life from the ceiling of her flooded home, terrified at the prospect of letting go, in order to seize a life preserver (she survives). Children catatonic at the sight of their mother, sprawled supine on her bed for lack of badly needed oxygen (she is dead). Bodies, barely clothed, floating face down in the waterlogged streets of New Orleans or abandoned on the Interstate, covered in plastic or tarp.

The testimony of the survivors fleshes out the pictures.

A man "floated in the water just for three days, and I just kept talking to him and telling him, `God gonna' make a way, God gonna' make a way, you're gonna' make it,'" one woman recalls, through tears.

"And he would say, `I'm so tired.' And I said, `I know you're tired.' And I wanted to feed him what I had, but I couldn't get to him, because I didn't know how to swim."

He died.

Held accountable

"Somebody needs to go to jail," New Orleans jazz musician Terence Blanchard chants, later in the movie.

In retracing the sequence of events -- beginning with dire warnings of potential levee failure -- the film, to its everlasting credit, exempts no one in power from blame.

Mayor C. Ray Nagin's "first instinct was not to protect his own citizens but to go out to protect the business community," says scholar Michael Eric Dyson, calling the move "lamentable." Gov. Kathleen Blanco dithers over issues of jurisdiction while people die. President George W. Bush offers his immortal quote to then-FEMA director Michael Brown: "And Brownie, you're doing a heckuva job," among many others.

Lower Ninth Ward resident Robert Rocque eloquently sums up this catastrophe of leadership: "Ray Nagin: What happened?" he asks. "You dropped the ball. Then I would say the same thing to the governor: `Miss Blanco: What were you thinking about? What the hell was going on?' Then I would ask Bush: `You're out of touch, and you don't have a clue.'"

The price of this obliviousness has been steep, as the film unhesitatingly shows. We see New Orleans citizens reeling from post-traumatic stress disorder; grieving for bodies of relatives that they never will find; begging for FEMA trailers that do not materialize; lamenting insurance payments that are not forthcoming.

"The insurance companies -- there's a special, special circle in hell for them," says New Orleans actor Wendell Pierce, whose octogenarian father received a pittance on the small home he spent a lifetime paying off.

Finally, director Lee proves fearless in taking on the issue of race. While acknowledging that the disaster struck all skin tones, the images and the data support an incontrovertible fact: As a group, impoverished African-Americans suffered disproportionately. The people trapped in New Orleans during and immediately after Katrina, says activist Harry Belafonte, were "socially of no importance and certainly racially of no importance."

For all the sweeping power of this film, however, it leaves room for quibbles. Some tableaus of destruction, for instance, finally become repetitive or border perilously on the maudlin. Some commentators emerge as omniscient outsiders, their words less persuasive and credible than the vast majority of the film's subjects, who lived through these events.

Yet these minor flaws ultimately do not diminish the majesty of this film, its haunting jazz score by Blanchard giving the narrative much of its rhythm and emotional tone.

"When the Levees Broke" likely will endure for a long time as the prevailing document on a self-made American tragedy -- perhaps longer, even, than New Orleans itself.
Última edición por Takeshi_Shimura el Lun 10 Sep, 2007 15:09, editado 10 veces en total.

theiban

Mensaje por theiban » Dom 27 Ago, 2006 16:50

Es en español?
Basta con que haya algo Bueno para que el Mundo sea Mejor

http://www.tiffotos.com/semencultural/

Takeshi_Shimura

Mensaje por Takeshi_Shimura » Dom 27 Ago, 2006 17:58

theiban escribió:Es en español?
no, en inglés:
When the Levees Broke (Spike Lee, 2006) HDTVrip VO eD2k+BT

Etitor

Mensaje por Etitor » Dom 27 Ago, 2006 17:59

Voy a ver si es verdad lo que dicen por ahí, que es lo mejor de Spike Lee desde hace años. Impaciente estoy.

Muchas gracias. A desarrollar y mejorar un poco nuestro bilingüismo ¿no?

Sanjuro

Mensaje por Sanjuro » Mar 29 Ago, 2006 23:16

Con los dos últimos bodrios que ha sacao - she hate me(2002) y plan oculto(2006) - no va a ser muy dificil.
Qué le esta pasando a este jambo... :S

asias por la info takeshi.
Deseo que koki vuelva a DXC.

ciruja

Mensaje por ciruja » Mié 30 Ago, 2006 16:17

Joder, qué buena pinta. Lástima de mi oxidado inglés. Esperaré a que aparezcan subtítulos. En todo caso, muchas gracias por la información Takeshi.

Takeshi_Shimura

Mensaje por Takeshi_Shimura » Sab 23 Sep, 2006 00:51

Publicado un nuevo ripeo en 4 cds :)

TvRipper

Re: When the Levees Broke (Spike Lee, 2006) HDTVrip VO eD2k+

Mensaje por TvRipper » Sab 23 Sep, 2006 05:47

Takeshi_Shimura escribió: Frame Width (pixels): 640
Frame Height (pixels): 360

No se, me extraña, ¿HDTV?, joer, supongo que se ve bien, pero
¿¿HDTV?? ¿Donde?
¡¡ Que es 640x360 !! , ¿¿HDTV??

Yo solo he hecho un lanzamiento en HDTV y fue 1280x720.
El resto de videos los lanzo en SD y es 720x576, y sigue siendo SD.

HDTV es y será siempre superior o igual a 1280x720...
Que seguro que tiene buena calidad, pero igual no es HDTV.
Que a mi me cuesta 4 semanas ripear y lanzar un video en 1280x720, y luego llega alguién y dice que 640x360 es alta definición......

Ummmmm....
Esstooo....

640x360...

Pulpo= animal de compañía...
Sólo hay 2 tipos de personas: las que saben binario y los mayores de 12 años.

Takeshi_Shimura

Re: When the Levees Broke (Spike Lee, 2006) HDTVrip VO eD2k+

Mensaje por Takeshi_Shimura » Sab 23 Sep, 2006 11:44

TvRipper escribió:

No se, me extraña, ¿HDTV?, joer, supongo que se ve bien, pero
¿¿HDTV?? ¿Donde?
¡¡ Que es 640x360 !! , ¿¿HDTV??

Yo solo he hecho un lanzamiento en HDTV y fue 1280x720.
El resto de videos los lanzo en SD y es 720x576, y sigue siendo SD.

HDTV es y será siempre superior o igual a 1280x720...
Que seguro que tiene buena calidad, pero igual no es HDTV.
Que a mi me cuesta 4 semanas ripear y lanzar un video en 1280x720, y luego llega alguién y dice que 640x360 es alta definición......

Ummmmm....
Esstooo....

640x360...

Pulpo= animal de compañía...
Si quieres te te conteste a las preguntas, hazlas con educación.

Bullz

Mensaje por Bullz » Vie 23 Mar, 2007 18:53

Esperando subtítulos.....

:/

silentrunner

Mensaje por silentrunner » Vie 23 Mar, 2007 19:46

me uno a Bullz en la espera
;)

Takeshi_Shimura

Mensaje por Takeshi_Shimura » Vie 23 Mar, 2007 19:59

El dvd lleva subtítulos en inglés y francés. Ha salido un DVDrip en 4CD, del grupo HNR, pero no lo he visto ni en eMule ni en torrents públicos.

http://www.mininova.org/search/?search= ... +broke+hnr

el tracker es ---> http://thepeerhub.com/
parece que el registro está abierto

spione

Mensaje por spione » Dom 25 Mar, 2007 18:25

Gracias Takeshi

Bullz

Mensaje por Bullz » Dom 25 Mar, 2007 18:40

Me he dado de alta y tal, pero no consigo bajar los ficheros, me dice en el Azureus que el password es incorrecto

No se donde poner el password

mot

Mensaje por mot » Mar 27 Mar, 2007 08:23

Yo también me pongo a la espera de subtítulos en castellano.

TimdelRif

subtitulos en español

Mensaje por TimdelRif » Vie 13 Abr, 2007 17:24

windowlicker

Mensaje por windowlicker » Vie 13 Abr, 2007 17:42

Sí, yo descargue esos subtítulos y correspondían al 1er y 3er acto de no recuerdo qué ripeo. Pero no encontré los correspondientes al 2º y 4º acto. Luego sigo a la espera...

Saludos.

PLoK

Mensaje por PLoK » Jue 19 Abr, 2007 11:27

Desincronizados y creo que en los que corresponden al 3er cd hay una parte que corresponde al 2º..., supongo que son de otro ripeo y no cuadran exactamente... Ajusté los primeros (si los quereis buscad por: When the levees broke ajustados) y traté de hacer lo mismo con los del 3er cd pero me acabé haciendo la picha un lio y lo tengo aparcado... seguiremos a la espera....

Por cierto, el docu es impresionante... y la musica tb esta muy guay...

Saludos

PLoK

Mensaje por PLoK » Jue 19 Abr, 2007 11:42

Se me olvidaba... tb encontré esto:
ed2k linkWhen.The.Levees.Broke.A.Requiem.in.Four.Parts.(subs French and Spanish).rar ed2k link stats

pero no he encontrado forma de abrir correctamente (ni con el Subtitle Workshop ni con el SubViewer) los archivos que incluye:
hnr-levees-part1-2.idx
hnr-levees-part1-2.sub
hnr-levees-part3-4.idx
hnr-levees-part3-4.sub

Si alguien sabe que hacer con ellos soy todo oidos xP

windowlicker

Mensaje por windowlicker » Jue 19 Abr, 2007 15:19

También recuerdo haber bajado ese .rar y haber tenido algún tipo de problema.

¿Has probado con el VobSub?

De todas formas parecen los subtítulos correspondientes a la 1ª y 3ª parte así que supongo que toca esperar...

Saludos.