Kita kitsune monogatari (1979, Koreyoshi Kurahara)

Espacio destinado a enlaces de obras cinematográficas de caracter documental.
auess

Kita kitsune monogatari (1979, Koreyoshi Kurahara)

Mensaje por auess » Vie 25 Mar, 2005 15:25

Imagen

Kita-kitsune monogatari (1979)

Directed by
Koreyoshi Kurahara ("Nankyoku monogatari", "Ame no Amsterdam"...)

Also Known As:
Story of the Northern Fox (informal literal English title)
The Glacier Fox (USA)

Runtime: 117 min uncut
Color: Color
Sound Mix: Stereo
imdb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079212/
The Glacier Fox is an exciting documentary filmed in the frozen regions of Northern Japan. Director Korey Kurahara, who apparently was weaned on Disney's True Life Adventures, strikes just the right balance between reality and artifice. His "cast" consists of a family of wild foxes, each with his or her own distinct personality. The film explores the foxes' efforts to survive the elements and their ever-threatening environment. The Glacier Fox runs 90 minutes, and "runs" is just the right word to describe the breathless pace of this movie. — Hal Erickson

The story of a family of foxes struggling to survive in the hostile environment of northern Japan. Stunning photography.

I first discovered this gem on The Disney Channel by accident back in 1984, and wish more than anything that I had owned a VCR at the time so I could have taped it. It was once out on home video and I hear even won an award for its special presentation, but is apparently now on moratorium...I BEG somebody to please re-release it, even if it isn't in stereo if you do! Basically, it's a semi-documentary of a family of foxes...I say "semi" because it has a story attached to it and very believably so...charmingly narrated and with genuinely catchy, fun original songs composed just for it, plus a GORGEOUS orchestral score. A lovely little sleeper which does a great job of catching the wonder and majesty of not just foxes, but nature in particular and is guaranteed to be dearly loved by anyone who loves animals, even if they aren't particularly nuts by "documentary" films. It may even make you shed a tear or two in some spots. I wish more than anything that it will be re-released.

Imagen Imagen Imagen
Imagen Imagen Imagen

Note: This legendary documentary is ripped from a ultra rare japanese limited edition of Kita-kitsune monogatari, only released in japan once, so it's original 117 min uncut with japanese narrated by Eiji Okada (not that 90 min edition by Arthur Hill), although no subs but most of time only wonderful soundtracks. One of the best natural documentary ever made.

:P

eLink:
ed2k linkKoreyoshi.Kurahara.-.Kita.kitsune.monogatari.-.The.Glacier.Fox.(117min.Uncut.RARE!).dvdrip.by.auess.avi ed2k link stats

Jacob
Exprópiese

Mensaje por Jacob » Vie 25 Mar, 2005 16:24

:o Yep, beautiful colours!

Dowloading. Thanks, auess. :D

Angelical

Mensaje por Angelical » Vie 25 Mar, 2005 16:39

Thanks auess for these rare documentary you bring :D Click on it but on pause rigth now. I'll advise as I resume again :P

Kind regards Imagen

Imagen
Don't forget that you can only really have what's freely given to you

Pajarico

Mensaje por Pajarico » Dom 17 Jul, 2005 18:11

:plas:
I asked you to put this but didn't see it, hope to find enough sources. Thanks again.

pickpocket

Mensaje por pickpocket » Dom 17 Jul, 2005 18:21

Yo tambien lo pincho, gracias auess :wink:

mute
Pianista de cine mudo

Mensaje por mute » Dom 17 Jul, 2005 18:33

thankyou very much auess