Ying and Bai (2000) + The Kindergarten (2004) - added

Espacio destinado a enlaces de obras cinematográficas de caracter documental.
auess

Ying and Bai (2000) + The Kindergarten (2004) - added

Mensaje por auess » Mar 25 Ene, 2005 18:41

Imagen

"Ying and Bai" (2000) + "The Kindergarten" (2004)

Director: Zhang Yiqing

Genre: Telefilm / Documentary
Length: 50 + 51 = 101 min
Size: 351 + 351 = 702 mb
Codec: Divx5 + MP3
Language: Chinese
Subtitle: English
Well, these 2 films are also ultrarare and worthseeing stuffs from my country, even in china, they're only screened on local television, no vhs, no dvd, no bootleg or any copies available, luckily I got them from one night's telefilm program, since taped from my bad tv, so dont expect they're too much good quality, but I can assure they're more better than some our downloads before.

I also made english subtitle for Ying and Bai, and a simple poster, the original version is hardsubbed chinese.

Zhang Yiqing, famous China Wuhan independent documentary maker, he made only 6 documentaries between 1990-2004, and most of them were awarded and showed in many international film Festivals.

IMDB: N/A :twisted:
Infos: http://www.swtv.com.cn/tvf/5/12.htm
http://www.swtv.com.cn/tvf/3/6.htm
http://www.gara.net/idatzia/20050119/art97108.php
(very few english infos on net...some german)

Some his awards:
presigious Academic Award for documenary films - "Zhouzhou's World" (1998)
Golden Eagel Prize for telefilms, China - "Zhouzhou's World" (1998)
Nomination at the Boboli International Film Festival, Italy - "Zhouzhou's World" (1998)

International 'Golden Panda' Award for Documentary - "Ying and Bai" (2000)
Best Long Documentary, Best Innovation, Best Director, Best Sound Effects
FIPA International TV Festival, France - "Ying and Bai" (2000)

Taiwan International Documentary Film Festival - "Ying and Bai" (2000)
Best Documentary, Best Director.

Nomination at Budapest International TV Festival, Hungary - "Ying and Bai" (2000)
Nomination at Geneva International TV Festival, Switzerland - "Ying and Bai" (2000)

Guangzhou International Documentary Film Festival, China - "The Kindergarten" (2004)
Grand Prix Awards for the Best Documentary.

Grand Prize at Shanghai International TV Festival, China - "The Kindergarten" (2004)
FIPA International TV Festival, France - "The Kindergarten" (2004)
Montreal International Art Film Festival, Canada - "The Kindergarten" (2004)
Zhang Yiqing following his own route: a back-stage story of "Ying and Bai".

The top winner at this sctvf "Golden Panda' International Awards for Documentaries is Ying And Bai directed by Zhang Yiqing. It wins four awards, namely - the Best Long Documentary, the Best Creation, the Best Director and the Best Sound Effects. Yesterday, director Zhang Yiqing introduced some back-stage stories of Ying And Bai.

"I was in a cage when working on this documentary."

There are only two actors in Ying And Bai, one is a half-Italian Chinese animal trainer - Bai, and the other is a giant panda, the only one in the world that is able to perform. Ying and Bai form a special family and live together for ten years. According to Zhang Yiqing, the documentary does not intend to tell a conventional story of "true emotions between humans and animals," but documents the real life of a woman animal trainer and a giant panda. The documentary reflects solitude and desolation of modern psychology. Zhang Yiqing claimed that he "was in a cage when working on this documentary." The image of an iron cage appears many times in the documentary to express the embarrassment of a woman's psychology. It is a consensus of the international jury members of the "Golden Panda" Awards that it is a wonder that the Chinese director is capable of such a masterpiece."

"I don't want to see this documentary a hit."

According to Zhang Yiqing, it is accidental that this documentary was produced. He learned from a Wuhan-based reporter about the original story. In order to persuade this solitary woman to join the production team, Zhang Yiqing took a lot of trouble, and "finally our sincerity works." In the production for half a year, the production team stayed day and night with Bai, and director Zhang Yiqing eventually entered the psychological world of Bai. Zhang expresses that this documentary is a little aggressive because he does not want to see it a hit, which is likely to disturb the peaceful life of Bai. At the awarding ceremony, Zhang Yiqing expressed his hearty gratitude to Bai for her understanding and cooperation without which the production would not have been possible. Zhang believes that the key for documentary production is to work just right of scale and scope. In working on Ying And Bai, he was very precautious and wished to show to his audiences his carefully selective scale and scope in the production.

It is reported that the next documentary The Kindergarten is already on the working schedule of director Zhang Yiqing, which tells a number of personalized children and their respective psychology.
ed2k linkZhang.Yiqing.-.Ying.and.Bai.(2001).avi ed2k link stats
ed2k linkZhang.Yiqing.-.Ying.and.Bai.(2001).EN.srt ed2k link stats

Screensnaps:
Imagen

ed2k linkZhang.Yiqing.-.The.Kindergarten.(2004).avi ed2k link stats
ed2k linkZhang.Yiqing.-.The.Kindergarten.(2004).srt ed2k link stats
Ok, now here is Kindergarten.

The subtitles cost me 3 days leisure, but i still think it very worth. :wink:

I must say, Zhang Yiqing's 2004 masterpiece "The Kindergarten" is one of the most beautiful and impressive documentary iv ever seen. He spend 3 years recorded a group of childrens' glowing up, in a normal wuhan kindergarten. This film really reminded me of my childhood, my long-lost naivete. It's so real, so graceful, that i can not use any words to describe it. I also want to return my careless childhood, but it's impossible.

I remember Fefe always said in his film: "No matter what happens, always keep your childish innocence. It's the most important thing in your life." I agree. Though how many people can do it? :roll:
Última edición por auess el Dom 30 Ene, 2005 15:09, editado 1 vez en total.

Angelical

Mensaje por Angelical » Mar 25 Ene, 2005 18:56

Well i guess i'll catch this one too :) Please advise whenever you got ready The Kindergarten :D Thanks a lot about your nice work auess :P

Kindest regards Imagen

Imagen
Don't forget that you can only really have what's freely given to you

LauRíSTiCa

Mensaje por LauRíSTiCa » Mar 25 Ene, 2005 22:33

Even if these documentaries are difficult to get, I think they should better be posted at the Documentary Section, so... moving this thread.
I hope you don't mind and thanks a lot for the english subs. ;-)

auess

Mensaje por auess » Mié 26 Ene, 2005 03:15

Yes, sorry i forgot the rules, thanks LauRí . :)

Mensaje por 23 » Jue 27 Ene, 2005 00:34

Thank you for this documentaries.
I will download both.
That kind of stuff isn't so common :plas:
Keep on astonishing us :wink:

auess

Mensaje por auess » Dom 30 Ene, 2005 15:00

Imagen

ed2k linkZhang.Yiqing.-.The.Kindergarten.(2004).avi ed2k link stats
ed2k linkZhang.Yiqing.-.The.Kindergarten.(2004).srt ed2k link stats
Ok, now here is Kindergarten.

The subtitles cost me 3 days leisure, but i still think it very worth. :wink:

I must say, Zhang Yiqing's 2004 masterpiece "The Kindergarten" is one of the most beautiful and impressive documentary iv ever seen. He spend 3 years recorded a group of childrens' glowing up, in a normal wuhan kindergarten. This film really reminded me of my childhood, my long-lost naivete. It's so real, so graceful, that i can not use any words to describe it. I also want to return my careless childhood, but it's impossible.

I remember Fefe always said in his film: "No matter what happens, always keep your childish innocence. It's the most important thing in your life." I agree. Though how many people can do it?

Angelical

Mensaje por Angelical » Dom 30 Ene, 2005 19:10

I've just clicked on these nice links auess, thanks again :D

Kind regards to everyone Imagen

Imagen

by_MaRio

Mensaje por by_MaRio » Sab 19 Feb, 2005 12:26

Looks very interesting,

Angelical

Mensaje por Angelical » Mié 09 Mar, 2005 14:39

Well it's done :D I finally got them :) I forgot to report when I finished them ... sorry for my lateness :oops: As always thanks a lot auess for all these nice documentarys you bring :P Now the only thing that remains to do is to find a while to see them comfortably :lol:

Kind regards Imagen

Imagen