That Day on the Beach (Edward Yang, 1983) VHSRip VOSI

Sección dedicada al cine experimental. Largometrajes, cortos, series y material raro, prácticamente desconocido o de interés muy minoritario.
helge79

That Day on the Beach (Edward Yang, 1983) VHSRip VOSI

Mensaje por helge79 » Sab 19 May, 2007 00:32

Imagen

Hai tan de yi tian
Director: Edward Yang
Writers: Nien-Jen Wu (writer), Edward Yang (writer)
Plot: Two friends who haven't seen each other for thirteen years reunite. One is a successful concert pianist just back from a European tour and the other has just started a new business. | Add
Cast:
Sylvia Chang ... Jiali
Ming Hsu
Terry Hu ... Tan Weiqing

This first movie by Edward Yang (and Christopher Doyle!) is often mentioned as the starting point of the Taiwanese New Wave. It is a deliberately complex, novellistic melodrama, a clear precursor of Yang's later masterpieces A Brighter Summer Day and Yi Yi. It's almost impossible to get hold of, and I hope this release will help people to appreciate the film. However, there are some good news, and some bad news.

The good news is that I did purchase the Taiseng VHS, got it digitized (HUGE thanks to fitz), and that the tape had Chinese and English subtitles.

The bad news is that the image/sound quality is pretty bad, the movie is quite miserably dubbed in Cantonese, and, furthermore, this appears to be the only commercial release available anywhere in the world...

Oh well, I did what I could... By the way, judging from the closing titles:

Imagen

Hou Hsiao-hsien must have a cameo role in this film, even though I wasn't able to spot him...
THAT DAY ON THE BEACH
Edward Yang (1982) 166 minutes, 16mm.

Edward Yang's auspicious first theatrical feature announced the arrival a major new directing talent, and stands as a milestone in Taiwanese cinema. A complex, emotionally-charged contemporary epic exploring the position of women and the conflicting forces of modernity and tradition in Taiwan, the film stars superstar Sylvia Chang in a breakthrough role as Lin Chia-li, an independent-minded woman whose disappointing marriage appears to have ended by the presumed drowning death of her husband. The framing story has her meeting old friend Tan (Teresa Hu), a renowned concert pianist now living in Vienna who was once engaged to Lin's brother. The film is dreamily shot by Christopher Doyle, whose subsequent work with Wong Kar-Wai and Zhang Yimou, among others, has made him one of world cinema's hottest cinematographers. – Pacific Cinematheque

Código: Seleccionar todo

Runtime ........... 166mins        Frame Rate ...... 23.976fps
Video Format ......... XviD        Audio Language ... HK (dub)
Video Resolution .. 448x304        Audio Format .......... mp3
Video Bitrate ..... 462kbps        Audio Bitrate ..... 116kbps
Source................. VHS        Subtitles .... EN/CN (hard)
ed2k linkThat.Day.on.the.Beach.(Edward.Yang,.1983).VHSrip-DUBBED(HK)-SUBBED(En,Cn).avi ed2k link stats

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: La copia que publica Teen en el siguiente mensaje mola más. :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Teeninlove

Re: That Day on the Beach (Edward Yang, 1983)

Mensaje por Teeninlove » Mar 08 Ene, 2013 15:49

Última edición por Teeninlove el Vie 26 Sep, 2014 14:20, editado 1 vez en total.

sikander77

Re: That Day on the Beach (Edward Yang, 1983) VHSRip VOSI

Mensaje por sikander77 » Lun 10 Jun, 2013 01:11

conseguí bajarme este ripeo pero no llegué a tiempo a por los subtítulos en inglés, ¿alguien los podría resubir? imposible encontrarlos por ahí, gracias mil.

Teeninlove

Mensaje por Teeninlove » Lun 10 Jun, 2013 03:16

Última edición por Teeninlove el Vie 26 Sep, 2014 14:21, editado 1 vez en total.

Jacob
Exprópiese

Mensaje por Jacob » Lun 10 Jun, 2013 11:02

Los he subido a Opensubtitles.

Saludos.

gam01

Mensaje por gam01 » Mié 12 Feb, 2014 01:21

Can someone reupload the file to some file hosting (not emule)? Of course this better .mkv version.

I was looking so long for this film,
Thanks!