Diabel (Andrzej Zulawski, 1972-1988)

Sección dedicada al cine experimental. Largometrajes, cortos, series y material raro, prácticamente desconocido o de interés muy minoritario.
Responder
auess

Diabel (Andrzej Zulawski, 1972-1988)

Mensaje por auess » Lun 19 Sep, 2005 18:33

Imagen

Diabel (1972-1988)

Directed by
Andrzej Zulawski

Also Known As:
The Devil
Runtime: 122 min
Language: Polish
Color: Color
Sound Mix: Mono
imdb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095012/
During the Prussian army's invasion to Poland in 1793, a young Polish nobleman Jakub is saved from the imprisonment by a stranger who wants in return to obtain a list of Jakub's fellow conspirators. Following his mysterious saviour across the country, Jakub sees the overall chaos and moral corruption including his father's death and his girlfriend's betrayal. Being apparently demented by what he has seen, he commits a number of seemingly motiveless and gory killings.

Though presumably dealing with the Prussian army's invasion of Poland in 1793, this ambitious and highly allegorical drama probably seemed too contemporary to Polish censorship back in 1972 , thus didn't get released until 1988. Young Polish nobleman Jakub (Leszek Teleszynski) is saved from imprisonment by a stranger. In return, the stranger wants to obtain a list of Jakub's fellow conspirators. As he follows his mysterious savior across the country, Jakub is affected by the overall chaos and moral corruption; he goes insane and becomes a mass murderer. — Yuri German

Along with "The Silver Globe", this is my favorite Zulawski film. Why? Well, maybe because both of them are so utterly insane. Zulawski is hardly known here in the states, and the only film of his that is available domestically (thanks to Anchor Bay) is "Possession". Sad really but that's life. As the saying goes, the depth of an idea is inversely proportional to the mass perception. It isn't the case for many famous artists of course, but for Zulawski it rings true. I haven't seen any of the stuff he made while living in France (I understand that many of them are on the more erotic side of things) with the exception of the above-mentioned "Possession" and "The Importance of Love" (with Romy Schneider and Fabio Testi), which was definitely *something". I also watched Zulwaski's later effort "Szamanka" which I have no comment on because I viewed a bootleg copy in Polish with French subtitles, and I speak neither of the languages. The same basically goes for "The Silver Globe" actually, which, as far as I know, can only be seen in Polish with German subtitles. But damn it, this film (which was never even finished) was nuts with or without English subtitles. And so is "Diabel". which I was lucky enough to find WITH the English subs! Hooray!!! Why this movie scared both the erstwhile Polish communist authorities, who were highly confused by it and suspected that it carried hidden anti-government messages, and the Catholic Church, which was completely outraged for reasons quite obvious if you've seen the film, much more so than the secular authorities, is clear even thirty something years (made around 1972 and then shelved by the censors until the late 80's) after it was made. Human insanity, cruelty and depravity are all here on display, wrapped in a guise of a historical epic and punctuated by Zulawski's trademark chaotic camera work and overall delivery. Is the film excessive and gratuitously shocking? Yes! But why shouldn't it be? Zulawski was young (and surely angry) back then, and the things he was going up against were, still are, and have always been a thousand times more excessive. If you can't take it - oh well. Maybe you should pull the wool off your eyes and look around. Another reason why I chose "Diabel" and "The Silver Globe" as favs is because of the time and place. They were made in the then Eastern Block during the Cold War and on the director's native soil, which must count for something, right? - all of which might have(or not) added more poignancy to the films (don't tell that to Roman Polanski though).After you move to France, the Artist's paradise that it is, it becomes safe for you to do what you do. The chance to suffer for your art diminishes significantly. Although, of course, you could suffer financially instead, which is something many Eastern European film makers discovered after the ascent of the market economy. Then again, in the new world disorder things change rather quickly. The recent slaying of a Dutch film director (Theo van Gogh was his name, I believe) by Muslim extremists shows that an artist in need can still fully suffer if he wants to. Anyway, back to "Diabel" - I love it. It's not something to be taken lightly of course. As a friend of mine wistfully observed: "the scene where a guy gets shot in the face is one of the most memorable I've seen in any film. So jarringly sudden, I was literally shocked - I don't know why it affected my like that." And I suppose I'll just leave it at that. I mean, how often does that happen in this day and age? Blessed be the sick! Amen.

ed2k linkDiabel.(part1)-Zulawski-%C5%BBu%C5%82awski-byArgh.avi ed2k link stats
ed2k linkDiabel.(part2)-Zulawski-%C5%BBu%C5%82awski-byArgh.avi ed2k link stats

(1 full source from poland, several leechers now.) 8O

NitteZtalker

Mensaje por NitteZtalker » Mar 04 Oct, 2005 14:59

auess, thanks for the links. I'll try to get it... no subs for sure, but is Zulawski

MalachihcalaM

Mensaje por MalachihcalaM » Mar 04 Oct, 2005 15:04

I am full source for this, hashing now.

Saludo :wink:

pickpocket

Mensaje por pickpocket » Mar 04 Oct, 2005 15:55

Yo la pinche poco despues de que auess la posteara, en ese momento no había fuentes para el CD2, cosa que ahora a cambiado. Reanudo la descarga.

Saludos :wink:

SolPolito
Vigorito

Mensaje por SolPolito » Vie 18 Abr, 2008 23:52

Imagen
Kodek: XviD 1.1.2 Final
Rozdzielczość: 640 x 400
Bitrate: 1412 Kb/s
FPS: 25.000
Kodek: 0x2000 (Dolby AC3) AC3
Bitrate: 224 kb/s tot , stereo (2/0)
Próbkowanie: 48000 Hz
01:59:03
1,36 GB

Imagen
Imagen
Imagen

ed2k linkDiabel.1972.DVDRip.AC3.TECUMSEH.avi ed2k link stats
No te dejes
Arriba los pobres de Honduras

Putrofedon

Re: Diabel (1972-1988, Andrzej Zulawski)

Mensaje por Putrofedon » Mié 22 Abr, 2009 00:08

Quizás valgan estos subs (http://www.opensubtitles.org/es/subtitl ... /diabel-es) para el rip posteado por solpolito (gracias), aún no lo he probado.

Saludos.

graveland

Re: Diabel (1972-1988, Andrzej Zulawski)

Mensaje por graveland » Sab 05 Feb, 2022 16:06

SolPolito escribió:
Vie 18 Abr, 2008 23:52
Imagen
Kodek: XviD 1.1.2 Final
Rozdzielczość: 640 x 400
Bitrate: 1412 Kb/s
FPS: 25.000
Kodek: 0x2000 (Dolby AC3) AC3
Bitrate: 224 kb/s tot , stereo (2/0)
Próbkowanie: 48000 Hz
01:59:03