Text of Light (Stan Brakhage, 1974) VHSRip

Sección dedicada al cine experimental. Largometrajes, cortos, series y material raro, prácticamente desconocido o de interés muy minoritario.
Fitzcarraldo

Text of Light (Stan Brakhage, 1974) VHSRip

Mensaje por Fitzcarraldo » Mar 31 May, 2005 16:55

Imagen

[quote]
Brakhage on the making of The Text of Light:

...in photographing this ash tray for instance, I’m sitting for hours to get 30 seconds of film. I’m sitting watching what’s happening and clicking a frame, and sitting and watching, and further than that, I had shot several hundred feet and they seemed dead. They didn’t reflect at all my excitement and emotion and feeling. They had no anima in them, except for two or three shots where the lens which was on a tripod, pressed against the desk, had jerked. Those were just random, but what gave me the clue. What I began doing was always holding the camera in hand. For hours. Clicking. Waiting. Seeing what the sun did to the scene. As I saw what was happening in the frame to these little particles of light, changing, I would shoot the camera very slightly. If you want to know how slightly you have to realize I was never photographing in an area bigger than this fourth fingernail. You couldn’t tap the camera. It had to be moved by a quivering attention of the hand. That took maybe 13 or 14 moves over a period of ten minutes. Then to get that in mind: what it was doing and changing and how I was dancing with it had to be extended in memory; one, how would that come out at 24 frames a second and two, as to, was the dance real?

And all the time I was doing this I had to have a friendly argument in my mind with Jordan Belson who I knew would hate just exactly this. He would say, Oh, wonderful what it is, but why is it jerky? Or why not centered? Or, you know...and to hold myself together I would say, No, Jordan, it has to be this way. So I, I owe him very much. He sustained me in that way a beautiful argument can, because it was very much in his territory. I mean this film is very much on his side of the street.

Though there is another man. I want to mention that the film is dedicated to Jim Davis. I suddenly one night had this overwhelming feeling...I got mad because someone had written another article on many people working with so-called abstract film, which term I don’t believe in anyway. But they had not mentioned Jim Davis, and he has always resisted being mentioned. It is true, he’s a very shy man. He had lived all his life, the last 20 years at 44 Wiggins St., in Princeton, N.J., very ill with diabetes and with a lot of back trouble and in bed the last decade. With his great construct before him, so that from his bed he could photograph whenever his constructs created a light pattern that seemed real to him, refracted light. He was literally the first man who had shown me refracted light on film. So I called him up and asked him if I could dedicate the film to him. And I was surprised that he didn’t say no; but I’m so glad I did because he was dead a week later. (1974) [/quote]

Lenght: 01:07:38
Video: XviD at 1442kb/s 512 x 384
No Audio

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

Lot's of more new Brakhage on it's way :D like Sincerity V, the hand painted films, Jane and a few others stay tuned ;)

ed2k linkText.of.Light.(Stan.Brakhage,.1974)-fitz.avi ed2k link stats

fiddles

Mensaje por fiddles » Mar 31 May, 2005 18:13

lol sounds monotonous! :!: :!:

*click*!!!! :roll:
Klumpt mest wit mine Lishtinkt, finally reaching the concalushan that everything- absolutely everything- unwraps, spreads and reveals itself. But that was way back when.

Fitzcarraldo

Mensaje por Fitzcarraldo » Mar 31 May, 2005 18:24

It it those sound monotonous dont grab it just because :mrgreen: and it's not, just make a custom soundtrack, the most painfull thing is it not having a sounctrack, the film isnt boring.

fiddles

Mensaje por fiddles » Mar 31 May, 2005 20:01

ok lol ill plod... errrmm... nick drake on the soundtrack!!!

and yes 'just because'... im probably the only avant garde fan left on the planet! :roll:

anyone say 'tom tom the piper's son' is a piece of shit, and i'll gladly get into a fight with him!!! much better than fighting over some dame lol! 8)
Klumpt mest wit mine Lishtinkt, finally reaching the concalushan that everything- absolutely everything- unwraps, spreads and reveals itself. But that was way back when.

fiddles

Mensaje por fiddles » Mar 31 May, 2005 20:04

oh btw, no sources! :oops: :wink:

Fitzcarraldo

Mensaje por Fitzcarraldo » Mar 31 May, 2005 20:09

3 people grabbing it already AND tom tom it's nice yeah but wayyy to big, other than that it is nice.

fiddles

Mensaje por fiddles » Mar 31 May, 2005 20:59

hhmmm, you using emule right? what server? thou i dont think servers matter

fiddles

Mensaje por fiddles » Mar 31 May, 2005 21:02

actually no, it'll appear eventually anyways i blame it on my 90 simultaneous downloads! :roll:

auess

Mensaje por auess » Mié 01 Jun, 2005 06:04

THANKS for this wonderful film! :D :D :D
Another must-click gem from our Fitz. :plas:

Faeton

Mensaje por Faeton » Mié 01 Jun, 2005 08:41

:plas: :plas: :plas:

*click*

trep

Mensaje por trep » Mié 01 Jun, 2005 14:43

Thanks Fitz :D

el_saturn

Mensaje por el_saturn » Jue 02 Jun, 2005 00:22

Fitzcarraldo, miracle worker :mrgreen:

pepe0008
Catador de vinos

Mensaje por pepe0008 » Jue 11 Ago, 2005 00:51

Aparajito

Re: Text of Light (Stan Brakhage, 1974)

Mensaje por Aparajito » Vie 12 Dic, 2008 18:05

Thanks. Click.

morita

Re: Text of Light (Stan Brakhage, 1974)

Mensaje por morita » Sab 08 Ene, 2011 21:16

Fitzcarraldo sos LO MÁS!!! Me estoy dando una panzada de cine gracias a tu generosidad