Yûkoku (Domoto Masaki y Yukio Mishima, 1966) DVDRip VOSE

Sección dedicada al cine experimental. Largometrajes, cortos, series y material raro, prácticamente desconocido o de interés muy minoritario.
Fitzcarraldo

Yûkoku (Domoto Masaki y Yukio Mishima, 1966) DVDRip VOSE

Mensaje por Fitzcarraldo » Mar 21 Dic, 2004 02:39

Imagen

Yûkoku
Patriotism (The Rite of Love and Death)
(Japón, 1966) [B/N, 30 m.]
IMDb

Ficha técnica.
Dirección: Domoto Masaki, Yukio Mishima
Guión: Yukio Mishima.
Fotografía: Kimio Watanabe (B&N)
Música: muda.
Producción: Hiroaki Fujii, Yukio Mishima.
Productora: Toho Company.
Reparto: Yukio Mishima (Shinji Takeyama), Yoshiko Tsuruoka (Reiko).

Sinopsis: Primera y única incursión del escritor Yukio Mishima en la dirección de cine, que narra el seppuku (suicidio ritual) de un oficial naval y su esposa tras el fracaso de un golpe de estado en el que estaban involucrados. La esposa del director destruyó las copias del film tras el suicidio de Mishima en 1970. 35 años más tarde se encontraron unos negativos con los que pudo ser restaurada. (FILMAFFINITY)
Two characters on a Noh stage dramatize the rite of love and death of Lieutenant Shinji Takeyama and his wife Reiko. Takeyama was one of a cadre of young officers who staged a coup d'état in February, 1936. He was not arrested when the coup failed, but as an officer of the palace guard, he knew he would be given the order to execute his friends. The night before the execution, he and his wife prepare for hara-kiri, first with passion without shyness, then in uniform and kimono with sword and dagger. Calligraphy figures in the preparation, as Reiko gathers her keepsakes to give to survivors. They embrace in death (IMDb).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Versión DVDRip VO+SE 349 Mb. (mensaje original).

I know I still have to release the rest of the Pelechian DVD, but... I could not stop myself from posting this one :mrgreen: I love Mishima, I read most of his books including the one this film is inspired, I don't need to say the rarity of this now do I? For all Mishima lover's and also persons just searching for something graphic, yes this film has lot's of blood. As you can imagine.

Yukoku is an extremely rare and historic piece, not only for proving that Japan's foremost twentieth century author was also in fact a filmmaker, but because the events portrayed in it were an omen for Yukio Mishima's suicide a few years later.

Based on Mishima's own novel of the same name, which was in turn inspired by the true events of 'Ni ni roku' - a failed, patriotically-motivated, attempted coup by a group of officers on February 26, 1936 - Yukoku deals with the ritual suicide of high-ranking naval officer Takeyama. His harakiri is spun out as a long, emotional, romantic ritual in which he is joined (all the way to the bitter and graphically bloody end) by his wife Reiko.

Shot in black and white, silent with long expository intertitles elaborating on the goings-on and detailing the historical background of the story, Mishima (who performed the lead part, wrote, directed and produced) visually references Noh theatre. He was an avid admirer of this traditional style of theatre and wrote a great number of plays in the genre. Set in a single one-room interior, with only a kanji sign reading "shisei" (fidelity) emblazoned on the wall, Yukoku is made up of carefully composed, static wide shots and lingering close-ups (none of which, incidentally, show Mishima's eyes which are always just out of frame or obscured by shadow).

Though his fascination for the story quite clearly stemmed from Mishima's own nationalist spirit (he was famous for his traditionalist views and opposing stance against the westernisation of Japan), the director has managed admirably well in getting across the emotional weight of the story. With its cast of two and minimalist set, the film allows nothing to interfere with the passion between husband and wife as they say their goodbyes to every inch of each other's bodies. As a result Yukoku becomes a powerful tribute to not only the human spirit of determination but also to the human physique (Mishima himself was, as this film proves, an avid body builder).

Yukoku (which roughly translates as 'worry about the state of a nation') is a rare sight indeed. Only intermittently screened abroad, it was banned from exhibition and distribution in Japan by Mishima's widow, who apparently ordered all available prints be destroyed. No doubt this was due to the parallels to Mishima's own suicide in 1970, the circumstances of which were remarkably similar to the events portrayed in the film: the author attempted a coup against the military with several members of his private Tate no Kai (Shield Society) army. When the attempt failed to drum up a following from within the ranks of infanterymen, the disillusioned Mishima (whose real name was Hiraoka Kimitake) took his own life by means of seppuku on the spot.

Foreign prints of Yukoku have survived and it was a version with French intertitles I caught at a festival screening in Paris in early 2001 (on February 26 in fact, the date of the original coup d'état). The making of the film was also featured in dramatized form in Paul Schrader's 1984 biopic Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters, with Ken Ogata playing the author.

Yukoku remains Mishima's only film as a director, although he was involved in filmmaking in other capacities, most famously on his collaboration with Kinji Fukasaku on Black Lizard (Kurotokage, 1968) which he wrote, based on his own play which in turn was based on a novel by Edogawa Rampo. Mishima also made a cameo appearance in the film as a human doll, an object of beauty admired by the titular character, a female criminal mastermind (played by famed female impersonator and reputedly Mishima's real-life lover Miwa Akihiro / Akihiro Maruyama).

http://www.midnighteye.com/reviews/yukoku.shtml

Código: Seleccionar todo

Size: 349 MB
Video: Xvid at 1513 kb/s
Audio: Mp3 at 160 kb/s
Some screenies:
ImagenImagen

If you're interested in Mishima's works try also checking Kurotokage aka Black Lizard and also Afraid to Die by Yasuzo Masumura. These in my opinion are the most significant.

This bootleg DVD brought also Oh Dem Watermelons featured in Amos Vogel Book, also Kuzu aka Junks and On eye rape by Takahiro Iimura and Le Révélateur by Philippe Garrel an avant-gardish LSD trip. These i'll post later on the show.

the elink:

ed2k linkYokoku.(Patriostism).Rite.of.love.&.Death.by.Yukio.Mishima(fitz).avi ed2k link stats

Subs del bueno de Luxor:
ed2k linkYukoku-YukioMishima-(Allzine)-esp.zip ed2k link stats
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Imagen

Versión Criterion DVDRip VO+SE 743 Mb. mkv.
Publicada por beossoeb en Fileheaven.
Enlace:
ed2k linkYukoku.1966.CRiTERiON.DVDRip.x264.AC3-FH-loyal-ity.mkv ed2k link stats

Subtítulos (en contenedor matroska): inglés.

Subtítulos (descarga directa): castellano.
Cortesía de Gorchakov.

Datos técnicos:

Código: Seleccionar todo

Title             : Yûkoku (1966)
                    a.k.a. Patriotism
Source            : DVD Retail / NTSC / Criterion
Size              : 780,039,518  (1/3 DVD)
Runtime           : 00:27:37
Format            : MKV

Video Codec       : H264 (x264 rev.998)
Video Bitrate     : 3,568 kbps
Final Ratefactor  : 19.01

Resolution        : 688x464 (Anamorphic, displayed at 688x510)
Aspect Ratio      : ~1.34 (SAR: 10/11)
Frame rate        : 23.976 fps

Audio Codec       : AC3 mono
Audio Bitrate     : 192 kbps
Sampling Rate     : 48000Hz

Language          : Japanese
Subtitles         : English (selectable srt muxed in)

SA                : HP @ Level 4.1
Capturas: (anamorphic, resized to displayed AR)
Imagen Imagen Imagen
Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Cirlot
Marxista, por Karl y Groucho
DXC Republican Clown

Re: YUKIO MISHIMA (Patriotism, short film by him)

Mensaje por Cirlot » Mar 21 Dic, 2004 03:48

Fitzcarraldo escribió:Le Révélateur by Philippe Garrel
Any film by Philippe Garrel will be most welcome. I will eagerly wait for that release. Thank you in advance.

Greetings.
Salud, comas, clowns y República

guantemano

Mensaje por guantemano » Mar 21 Dic, 2004 03:51

I love Mishima
Me too :mrgreen:

Thanks and click :D
Non domandarci la formula che mondi possa aprirti,
sì qualche storta sillaba e secca come un ramo.
Codesto solo oggi possiamo dirti,
ciò che non siamo, ciò che non vogliamo

Eugenio Montale

Faeton

Mensaje por Faeton » Mar 21 Dic, 2004 06:07

8O 8O 8O
For all Mishima lovers
Me! Me! Me!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thanks, Fitz!!

Luxor

Mensaje por Luxor » Dom 29 Oct, 2006 10:16

he encontrado estos subtítulos en la mula, no se si serán para esta versión.

Imagen

aguijon

Mensaje por aguijon » Dom 29 Oct, 2006 11:03

No sé si es "bueno" ese fichero que has pillado del eMule, pero sí, en Allzine Takano2006 tradujo los subs para este ripeo, que creo que es el único que hay.

Padre Lizardi

Mensaje por Padre Lizardi » Mié 01 Nov, 2006 00:22

Luxor escribió:he encontrado estos subtítulos en la mula, no se si serán para esta versión.

Los subtítulos van perfectamente para esta versión, lo he podido comprobar.
muy agradecido a fitzcarraldo y luxor.

Teeninlove

Mensaje por Teeninlove » Mié 01 Nov, 2006 21:46

Esta versión ¿es la misma DVDrip que apareció en Karagarga?

ophuls

Re: YUKIO MISHIMA (Patriotism, short film by him)

Mensaje por ophuls » Lun 19 Feb, 2007 14:06

Cirlot escribió:
Fitzcarraldo escribió:Le Révélateur by Philippe Garrel
Any film by Philippe Garrel will be most welcome. I will eagerly wait for that release. Thank you in advance.

Greetings.
Do we know something about this long awaited Garrel film? ¿Se sabe algo?

helge79

Mensaje por helge79 » Sab 31 Mar, 2007 12:09

Tamotsu Yato & Yukio Mishima photobooks:

http://www.cine-clasico.com/foros/viewtopic.php?t=12511

Cuba

Mensaje por Cuba » Lun 28 Jul, 2008 12:41

Gracias por los subs.

marlowe62
Stetson dissolutus

Re: Yûkoku (Domoto Masaki-Yukio Mishima, 1966) DVDRip VOSE

Mensaje por marlowe62 » Sab 20 Mar, 2010 22:42

Actualizado con una nueva versión Criterion DVDRip VO+SE 743 Mb. mkv.

Saludos.

kenobi

Re: Yûkoku (Domoto Masaki-Yukio Mishima, 1966) DVDRip VOSE

Mensaje por kenobi » Mar 30 Ago, 2011 13:56

Refloto por si alguien se apunta a la versión Criterion añadida por Marlowe62, que está ya prácticamente sin fuentes.

Saludos.
Imagen

vituko

Re: Yûkoku (Domoto Masaki y Yukio Mishima, 1966) DVDRip VOSE

Mensaje por vituko » Lun 17 Mar, 2014 14:54