The works of Artavazd Pelechian *finalizado*

Sección dedicada al cine experimental. Largometrajes, cortos, series y material raro, prácticamente desconocido o de interés muy minoritario.
Fitzcarraldo

The works of Artavazd Pelechian *finalizado*

Mensaje por Fitzcarraldo » Lun 29 Nov, 2004 23:44

------------------------------
FILMOGRAFÍA DE ARTAVAZD PELECHIAN

:arrow: viewtopic.php?t=48100

------------------------------
Imagen

Let's see now, how am I to start, this is a truly amazing, amazing is little, astonishing? humm.. Mesmerazing (always loved these big words :mrgreen: ) well this is a wonderful director, I did not knew him, Trep mentioned and after some reserach I bought the dvd that is available here in Portugal, don't know if available in other countries anyhow, DO NOT LOOSE THIS PLEASE, YOU WILL REGRET IT FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, MARK MY WORDS, THE REST OF YOUR LIFE this is amazing in every way, this director saw editing as a spiritual thing, a communication a revolutionary matter I dont know, think of it has a meditation on editing, a zen like state between image and sound, very much on the likes of Godfrey Reggio's Koyaanisqatsi only this is by far better :mrgreen: . I must try editing in such a way if i'm able to do that, if not i'll just eat some mushroms :lol:

The dvd has almost every work by this great director including:

Natchalo - Beginning

Menk - US

Bnakitcher - The Inhabitants

Yeghnaknere - The Seasons

Mer Dare - Our century

Kiank - End

Armienfilhem - Life
It is really an impossible task to try to convey the simple greatness of Armenian director Artavazd Peleshian's films, which have remained essentially unknown to the world at large. The great director Sergei Paradjanov (also of Armenian descent) called Peleshian one of the few authentic geniuses of cinema. His films (most of them 30 minutes or less) really have to be seen to be believed, and it is quite incredible that they are not available for viewing. (We had to get them directly from the Armenian film studio in Yerevan). Along with Godfrey Reggio's Koyaanisqatsi, these films have to be considered the greatest ever made in the history of cinema. Peleshian, like Reggio, is classified often as an experimental documentary filmmaker. And like Reggio, Peleshian also uses a kind of technique, which strives for the "view from above". The fact that his films are actually successful in this "view from above" without the slightest hint of pretension or conceit shows his pure dedication to spirituality.

"It's about what I'm striving for, what we're all striving for - every person, humanity...the wishes and desires of the people to ascend, to transcend..." (Peleshian on his film "Our Age" - from an interview with MacDonald in "A Critical Cinema 3").

The greatness of Peleshian's cinema lies in the fact that it is built entirely on the intuitive association between the images. In other words, it utilizes the ability of the spirit to "understand" reality instead of the ability of the brain/intellect. Since the intellect's capacity for understanding always remains linear and limited to the low earthly plane, the works of the intellect are flat, shallow and "entertaining". The spirit of man, on the other hand, possesses the ability to reach into the invisible layers of reality and therefore the works of the spirit are multi-layered and challenging. It is the tell-tail sign of today's all-pervasive decay that the works of the spirit are generally ignored, while the works of the intellect are not only prefered, but even held up as examples of "greatness" in art. All the more precious then are the few (too few!) truly great works of art. Among them, the films of Peleshian occupy a very special place.

Peleshian himself describes his method as "distance montage" (montage is the piecing together of various fragments of footage - either archival or original). His approach may also be called the intuitive or the spiritual montage. This demands from the audience the same capacity for spiritual participation in the experiencing of the film. Only then can we "understand" what the film was about. When asked about the meaning of his film "The Seasons", Peleshian said:

"...I was thinking of everything. It's not specifically the seasons of the year or of people: it's everything." (ibid)

It is a unique feature of Peleshian's art that he is able to lead the viewer to a higher perspective on humanity, from which one sees all earthly life as if from above - that is , from an eternal perspective. Perhaps, this is why he has chosen the term "distance montage" for his cinema. In all of his films the presence of a Higher Power is palatably felt by those, who are spiritually open to It. Thus his film "We" is truly about us, all of us as a humanity: "The Armenian people are a 'we' that is just a piece of the larger 'We'." (Peleshian - ibid) Because of his method of montage as a way of creating films, Peleshian is sometimes compared with Eisenstein. But Peleshian insists that the similarity is only on a superficial level.

"Eisenstein's montage was linear, like a chain. Distance montage creates a magnetic field around the film... Sometimes I don't call my method "montage". I'm involved in a process of creating unity. In a sense I've eliminated montage: by creating the film through montage, I have destroyed montage. In the totality, in the wholeness of one of my films, there is no montage, no collision, so as a result montage has been destroyed. In Eisenstein every element means something. For me the individual fragments don't mean anything anymore. Only the whole film has the meaning." (Peleshian - ibid)

And so in his films footage, which might have appeared as ordinary or familiar or merely interesting on its own, becomes completely new, fresh and incredibly moving. The key to this transformation of the footage is the inner state of the director, which he is then able to reveal in an outward form. And this task can only be accomplished by the intuition of the spirit (the intellectual piecing together of fragments will produce only cold intellectual results). This is what separates the genuinely great artists from the pretenders: the activity of the spirit or the lack of it. It is only the power of the spirit, which is able to transform the recorded footage into a moving and even a revelatory experience - through whatever method the director chooses. The Western audiences have already experienced something of this with the film Koyaanisqatsi. What "carries" that film is the director's spiritual state of profound anxiety for humanity, for our planet along with the unmistakable intuition that all of this is being observed and weighed from above - and through this all footage (even ordinary stock footage) is transformed and uplifted to a level where it becomes a deeply significant experience for the viewer. And just as in Koyaanisqatsi, in Peleshian's films the choice of music plays a major role in this process of transformation. In fact, it can be stated that the measure of any filmmaker is the degree of his sensitivity to music and to sounds in general. Here too Peleshian shows himself to be unsurpassed.

In his films Peleshian is able to achieve moments of such pure transcendency as have never been seen on screen before.

"For me, distance montage opens up the mysteries of the movement of the universe. I can feel how everything is made and put together; I can sense its rhythmic movement." (Peleshian - ibid)

To not only sense, but to know and to understand the movement and the rhythm of the universe, every human being at this time is presented with an opportunity to aquire the Knowledge revealed in the book "IN THE LIGHT OF TRUTH: THE GRAIL MESSAGE" by Abd-ru-shin.
Imagen
Image from "The seasons"

I'll release them slowly I made high bitrate rips so every tiny frame is rightly saved, if you dislike just download them and encode them again :P

For now I leave you with Natchalo - Beginning, Menk - Us, Bnakitcher - The inhabitants, i'll make a rar file for the tree of them.

Natchalo

ImagenImagenImagen

Bnakitcher

ImagenImagenImagen

Menk

ImagenImagenImagen

SPECS:

Natchalo:

Size: 129 MB
Video: XviD at 1798 kb/s
Audio: Mp3 at 160 kb/s
Duration: 9' 13''

Menk:

Size: 232 MB
Video:XviD at 1223 kb/s
Duration: 23' 23''

Bnakitcher:

Size: 129 MB
Video: XviD at 1908 kb/s
Duration: 00h 08m 46s

and now for something completely different from all other releases :mrgreen:

tcha tcha tham!!!! the elink!!!!

ed2k linkNatchalo.-.Menk.-.Bnakitcher.by.Artavazd.Pelechian(fitz).rar ed2k link stats

okay okay I know you're feeling impatiant my dvd drive has mentioned If not mentioned sorry collapsed, I managed two rip two shorts before the crash, little shorts thats why I haven't made the post, I think this week finally i'll have the dvd recorder/player to my PC so I'll release these two:

Kiank, Armienfilhem by Artavazd Pelechian.rar

Kiank:

Size: 95.5 MB
Video: Xvid at 1460 kb/s
Duration: 00h 08m 13s

Armienfilhem:

Size: 84.6 MB
Video: Xvid at 1653 kb/s
Duration: 00h 06m 30s

ed2k linkKiank, Armienfilhem by Artavazd Pelechian.rar ed2k link stats

Mer Dare: *NEW*

Duration: 00h 49m 47s
Video: Xvid at 1487 kb/s
Audio: Mp3 at 192 kb/s

ed2k linkMer Dare by Artavazd Pelechian(fitz).avi ed2k link stats

Yeghnaknere

Duration: 00:27:58
Video: Xvid at 1580 kb/s

ed2k linkYeghnaknere.by.Artavazd.Pelechian(fitz).avi ed2k link stats
Última edición por Fitzcarraldo el Lun 03 Ene, 2005 21:44, editado 8 veces en total.

pedritus

Mensaje por pedritus » Lun 29 Nov, 2004 23:49

Another Pelechian thread w/ the same .gif :mrgreen:
viewtopic.php?t=19015

Obrigado, Fitz :)

Faeton

Mensaje por Faeton » Mar 30 Nov, 2004 06:17

8O :D 8O :mrgreen: :plas: :plas: :plas:
(damn, where´s that dancing smiley when you need it)

I must´ve clicked in every other line hoping there was an elink :twisted:

trep

Mensaje por trep » Mar 30 Nov, 2004 08:43

Imagen

and also

Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen

I know nobody in this forum will miss this one. Essential viewing. Pause all the other stuff and download this NOW :mrgreen:

LauRíSTiCa

Mensaje por LauRíSTiCa » Mar 30 Nov, 2004 09:11

Yuhuuuuu....
Since I saw Bnakitcher (once here, once at the cinema) I've looking for Pelechian's works on emule and I've never found anything.
This is an historic day.
(damn, where´s that dancing smiley when you need it)
Here:
ImagenImagenImagen
"Fitz, Fitz, Fitz es coj*****
como Fitz, no hay ninguno"

by_MaRio

Mensaje por by_MaRio » Mar 30 Nov, 2004 10:18

8O 8O 8O
Muito obrigado, Fitz!! :D

Fitzcarraldo

Mensaje por Fitzcarraldo » Mar 30 Nov, 2004 16:34

thanks!! you are wonderfull persons I feel spoiled :P by the way for you who are interested it's on available on DVD the works of Raoul Servais it costs 25 euros (my christmas present :mrgreen: along with a film by Jonas Mekas, a box set of 5 dvd's the movies begin and a dvd of early films on shakespeare works :mrgreen: hey it's christmas!!)

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDReview ... ervais.htm

auess

Mensaje por auess » Mar 30 Nov, 2004 16:40

THANKS Fitz!!! :sorpreson: :mrgreen: :plas: (:-)

Fitzcarraldo

Mensaje por Fitzcarraldo » Mar 30 Nov, 2004 20:19

I disconnect my regular emule and installed a mod, that permits powershare, i'm currently not downloading anything, for you to have this quicker, It won't last forever though :P

LauRíSTiCa

Mensaje por LauRíSTiCa » Jue 02 Dic, 2004 07:21

Completed, set to release and 1,6 GB uploaded!!! :mrgreen: :plas:

Faeton

Mensaje por Faeton » Jue 02 Dic, 2004 08:47

Completed.

Next!!! :mrgreen:

Fitzcarraldo

Mensaje por Fitzcarraldo » Jue 02 Dic, 2004 12:59

I only have two more of his shotts ripped, :( my dvd drive collapsed, have to wait until I get a new one that should be sometime this week or the next, sorry!!!!

I wnt to santiago de compostela yesterday, beautiful city :mrgreen: Galicia is very pretty.

Fitzcarraldo

Mensaje por Fitzcarraldo » Mié 15 Dic, 2004 03:50

*added*

LauRíSTiCa

Mensaje por LauRíSTiCa » Mié 15 Dic, 2004 08:49

*clicked*

;)

auess

Mensaje por auess » Mié 15 Dic, 2004 17:12

added share now. :D THANKS AGAIN, dear Fitz ur always great. :meparto: :juas: :plas:

Faeton

Mensaje por Faeton » Lun 27 Dic, 2004 14:11

No more Pelechian? :pucheritos:

pismak

Mensaje por pismak » Lun 27 Dic, 2004 15:25

Thx! This sounds very good!

:plas:

vespertilum

Mensaje por vespertilum » Lun 27 Dic, 2004 23:20

Thanks, click, click :D

Salu2
Salud2

Fitzcarraldo

Mensaje por Fitzcarraldo » Mié 29 Dic, 2004 01:42

Faeton escribió:No more Pelechian? :pucheritos:

I'm going to release Mer Dare as I speak I'll had specs and all that stuff to the main post, auess will share The seasons wich he is d/l right now at soulseek.

Faeton

Mensaje por Faeton » Mié 29 Dic, 2004 09:24

A big, wet, sloppy kiss for you :mrgreen: