A Portrait in Light and Heat (1979)(Bill Viola)

Sección dedicada al cine experimental. Largometrajes, cortos, series y material raro, prácticamente desconocido o de interés muy minoritario.
trep

A Portrait in Light and Heat (1979)(Bill Viola)

Mensaje por trep » Jue 07 Oct, 2004 20:38

Imagen
Imagen

Chott el-Djerid (A Portrait in Light and Heat) almost magically captures the optical and acoustic distortions of nature. Focused on landscape, the video work dwells briefly on the snowy plains of midwestern America and Saskatchewan, then abruptly switches to the arid Tunisian desert. Viola investigates the world of illusion and how it is made. He works by slowly discovering the distinctive character of a place, probing its power and energy, drawing upon the associations it evokes, and searching instinctively for its archetypal symbols. In Tunisia, he was fascinated by the pastel-colored desert mirages floating mysteriously near the horizon.

To shoot Chott el-Djerid, the artist used one video camera set on a tripod and meticulously framed his subject from a fixed vantage point. He would only begin filming when he considered ideal atmospheric conditions to have occurred; at times he waited up to several days. He moved his camera only a few inches forward or backward between many shots so that he could fabricate a zoom during editing. In his studio, Viola carefully developed the rhythm of this nonverbal narrative of ordinary events happening in real time. Its pace compels viewers to assume a mindset of dreamlike suspended animation. It is filled with ambient natural sounds that temper its sense of otherworldliness: for example, the viewer first identifies an oncoming pair of motorcycles through aural, rather than visual, cues.

http://www.moma.org/collection/depts/fi ... a_028.html

Wooooooooo! Good to see DXC is back! :plas:
Don't you try to do that again! It was scary Imagen!

Time for me to share something new I guess... thanks to Fudoh who gave me this file! :D

THE LINK:
ed2k linkBill Viola - Chott-el-Djerid (a portrait in light and heat).avi ed2k link stats
Última edición por trep el Vie 08 Oct, 2004 20:42, editado 1 vez en total.

Coquito

Pinchando

Mensaje por Coquito » Jue 07 Oct, 2004 21:57

Aunque reviente la pecera. Siempre es una buena noticia enganchar un nuevo Bill Viola.

Por cierto hay un archivo tochísimo sin más especificación... ¿qué será será?
ed2k linkBill.Viola.mpg ed2k link stats

Pues eso, que always a pleasure to get Viola's works.

:roll:

diarutinezu

Mensaje por diarutinezu » Vie 08 Oct, 2004 00:34

thanks man! :plas: :plas: :plas:

Fitzcarraldo

Mensaje por Fitzcarraldo » Vie 08 Oct, 2004 06:31

I cant keep up... I need a bigger HD :lol:

ed2k linkBill Viola - The Reason.mpg ed2k link stats

I found this one but it is not completed :? If someone as it please, be so kind as to share it once again :) thank you!

Arcadia_Ego

Mensaje por Arcadia_Ego » Vie 08 Oct, 2004 16:32

Thanks a lot, trep.

:o

Airgam_Boy

Mensaje por Airgam_Boy » Vie 08 Oct, 2004 16:45

*click*

pismak

Mensaje por pismak » Mié 20 Oct, 2004 22:01

Por cierto hay un archivo tochísimo sin más especificación... ¿qué será será?
ed2k: Bill.Viola.mpg
He conseguido previsualizar 9megas de los 1.12gigas.

Es un documental de ARTE TV en inglés con subs en francés, y aparentemente trata sobre algo artistico de videocreacion, asi que no tiene pinta de fake

Esta en calidad DVD, por eso ocupa tantisimo, pero tiene el logo de ARTE, asi que es un TVRIP.

No hay fuentes ni naa, por ahora, asi que no creo que podamos bajarnoslo :|