Ghost Opera (1995)

Sección dedicada al cine experimental. Largometrajes, cortos, series y material raro, prácticamente desconocido o de interés muy minoritario.
auess

Ghost Opera (1995)

Mensaje por auess » Vie 03 Sep, 2004 16:46

Imagen

Ghost Opera (1995)

Director: Manfred Waffender
Composer: Tan Dun (The composer of "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" and "Hero")
Performance: The Kronos Quartet, Wu Man
Genre: Avant-garde, Stage Performance
Length: 37 min
Color: Black and White/Color
Language: None
Nice Reviews: http://www.mondo-marion.com/ghost.html

This is TanDun's best and most wellknown experimental performance.

The Kronos Quartet performs Tan Dun's "Ghost Opera," a blend of sophisticated techniques with folk traditions which required the musicians to become peformance artists, chanting text and playing a variety of instruments from gongs dipped in water to finger-cymbals. An electrifying theatrical experience!

This is one of the most relaxing and enjoyable pieces I've heard in a long while. It gives such a nice message, and a possitive message. Communication. everything from shouting to odd bowings blend wonderfully. Tan Dun has used more progressive techniques tastefully, and not with a blantant sense of "this is new and weird, I'll use it", which is what one will get with a lot of modern music. It has quite a few lovely depths to it; truly 4 dimentional music. I recommend having some friends over, having a few mixed drinks, have a listen, and openly discuss what you find it to be about. You shouldn't be suprised to hear anything from Shakespeare, Bach, to violence, free-association, Frued, anti-establishment, etc., etc.

ed2k linkTan.Dun,.Kronos.Quartet,.Wu.Man.-.Ghost.Opera_(Avant-garde.Performance,.1995)_auess.avi ed2k link stats

Arcadia_Ego

Mensaje por Arcadia_Ego » Vie 03 Sep, 2004 18:02

Taking a look at the work of Tan Dun on Yimou's Hero, and the functional and eficient interpretation of Kronos Quartet... actually I dont know what it can be.
Downloadig powa :mrgreen:

RedmonBarry

Mensaje por RedmonBarry » Vie 03 Sep, 2004 18:11

Looks good. Thanks.

shimoda

Mensaje por shimoda » Sab 04 Sep, 2004 07:42

Thanks!!! it seems very interesting :)

Long have you timidly waded holding a plank by the shore,
Now I will you to be a bold swimmer,
To jump off in the midst of the sea, rise again, nod to me, shout, and laughingly dash with your hair.

trep

Mensaje por trep » Sab 04 Sep, 2004 09:03

Great release, Auess! :D