Ron Mann - Imagine the Sound (1981)

Sección dedicada al cine experimental. Largometrajes, cortos, series y material raro, prácticamente desconocido o de interés muy minoritario.
daseinforlorn

Ron Mann - Imagine the Sound (1981)

Mensaje por daseinforlorn » Jue 12 Ago, 2004 11:01

Imagen

Starring: Paul Bley, Bill Dixon, Archie Shepp, Cecil Taylor.
Directed by Ron Mann
Produced by Ron Mann and Bill Smith
Cinematography by Robert Fresco
Sound recorded by Phil Sheridan

Description
The first feature documentary by Ron Mann (Grass, Comicbook Confidential) is an eloquent tribute to a group of highly celebrated artists that helped forge the avant-garde jazz of the 1960s. Critic and film historian Jonathan Rosenbaum has said Imagine the SoundI "may be the best documentary on free jazz that we have." The film features mind expanding interviews and singular, dramatic performances by pianists Cecil Taylor and Paul Bley, tenor saxophone Archie Shepp, and trumpet player Bill Dixon. Not since Scorsese's The Last Waltz has a music documentary been so thorough and compatible with its subject. Alongside the dynamic performances, the film captures the diverse history and politicized roots of this unique musical genre. Imagine the Sound is an important chapter in the history of the jazz documentary.

ed2k linkRon.Mann.-.Imagine.the.Sound.(1981).1.of.2.mpg ed2k link stats

ed2k linkRon.Mann.-.Imagine.the.Sound.(1981).2.of.2.mpg ed2k link stats

Highly Recommended..

trep

Re: Ron Mann - Imagine the Sound (1981)

Mensaje por trep » Jue 12 Ago, 2004 18:11

daseinforlorn escribió: Highly Recommended..
I trust you :) , clicked & paused for now as my hd is full an my box of cds is empty... :(

daseinforlorn

Mensaje por daseinforlorn » Jue 12 Ago, 2004 18:16

trep escribió:
daseinforlorn escribió: Highly Recommended..
I trust you :) , clicked & paused for now as my hd is full an my box of cds is empty... :(

By the way, the Breer files you requested are on my drive now. Message me on EMULE to see how best I can get them to you.

diarutinezu

Mensaje por diarutinezu » Vie 13 Ago, 2004 03:35

great! I had to watch lots of jazz documentaries lately and I had not heard of this one.

By the way, have you seen the collection of shortfilms The Blues? They seem to be really nice, Scorcesse, Wim Wenders...

trep

Mensaje por trep » Vie 13 Ago, 2004 10:04

daseinforlorn escribió: By the way, the Breer files you requested are on my drive now. Message me on EMULE to see how best I can get them to you.
Thanks Dase! I've put them in my queue again, let's first see if this time I can download them... Sorry if I just disappeared two weeks ago :oops: , I couldn't find you on the mule (I'm not seeing you now either...) and then I was away from the PC for some time.