Some Chris Larkees Film:

Sección dedicada al cine experimental. Largometrajes, cortos, series y material raro, prácticamente desconocido o de interés muy minoritario.
auess

Some Chris Larkees Film:

Mensaje por auess » Mié 11 Ago, 2004 17:36

Imagen
Experimental artist Chris Larkee is what too many filmmakers are not: original and talented.

Chris Larkee is the type of artist whom you're unlikely to ever hear about. As an electronic musician and experimental filmmaker, he has worked hard to improve his technical and aesthetic strengths in each of his projects and is part of an important cinematic movement of experimentation. The idea behind the experimental and independent film genres is to expand what audiences are familiar with. For a moviegoer to be able to try something new and perhaps open their minds is very encouraging. Larkee, along with various other filmmakers, is part of this dynamic genre and exemplifies creativity in everything he does.

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen
Electric Drill:
Perhaps the most technologically-minded short films of Larkee's. Rather than his multilayered, colorful images, Electric Drill has geometric visuals shown in black and white. Although the score (which he not create) gets a tad repetitive after a while, the main focus of the piece is not the audio. Drill is an effective piece and stands out in Larkee's collection of films because of how different it is from his previous work.

ed2k linkChris.Larkee.-.Electric.Drill.(Homage.to.James.Whitney.and.Jordan.Belson).avi ed2k link stats

The Cadence:
The haunting imagery set beautifully to an equally enchanting score creates a piece of art that can be labeled anything from interesting to vivid visual poetry. It's rare for visuals to be so beautifully set to music like this.

ed2k linkChris.Larkee.-.Cadence.avi ed2k link stats

The Bleach:
"The Bleach" is the first film of Larkee's I had ever seen and was the initial reason I became interested in its films. It's a blend of bleached, mangled film and creepy glimpses and semi-hallucinations. What drew me to this film is its original use of footage; the viewer can hardly tell what has actually been used in the production and it didn't personally interest me. What I see in this film is sheer talent put to use.

ed2k linkChris.Larkee.-.bleach.avi ed2k link stats

diarutinezu

Mensaje por diarutinezu » Mié 11 Ago, 2004 17:47

Hey, looks interesting, thnx!

Though it also looks like screensavers :P or like backgrounds for the winamp. That reminds me of a friend studying fiction film that used to say that all the guys doing experimental were just making screensavers design... :D

At least in this case, the director is also a musician so the analogy makes a bit more sense. I'm very curious.

diarutinezu

Mensaje por diarutinezu » Mié 11 Ago, 2004 20:22

hey auess,

my eMule doesn't seem to find sources for downloading the movie... I'm new at the forum so I dunno if I've missed something, other links work fine though.
or maybe it's dueto a download queue of 83 items... :roll:

heavymetalparkinglot

Mensaje por heavymetalparkinglot » Mié 11 Ago, 2004 22:15

alriiiiiiiiight!! now this looks exactly to my tastes.

thanks alot auess! 8)

LauRíSTiCa

Mensaje por LauRíSTiCa » Mié 11 Ago, 2004 22:28

Allá voyyyyyyyyyy!!!!
Click! Click! Click! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

trep

Mensaje por trep » Mié 11 Ago, 2004 23:06

8O :plas: :plas:
Thanks auess! You keep expanding my horizons! (Bokanowski's "The beach" was very beatiful, too)

marcambit

Mensaje por marcambit » Jue 12 Ago, 2004 01:32

Hehehe, Auess doesn't go on Holidays ;-)

Never heard of this guy. I think I'll give it a try.

Thx Auess.

diarutinezu

Mensaje por diarutinezu » Vie 13 Ago, 2004 03:19

gee I don't know,
the posted frames look interesting but the videos (I saw already Cadence and Bleach) don't have so much resolution that you could appreciate the texture... and I would say that perhaps that's where the strenght of the films should have lied.

Seen in this conditions these clips look like a scratch 16 mm excersize of a film student. The soundtrack is not so fantastic either... but maybe this guy is indeed very young, and well, then they are nice. There were some nice moments and it's true they have an atmosphere, so I'm looking forward to see the electric drill anyway.

marvin2kk

Mensaje por marvin2kk » Vie 13 Ago, 2004 09:47

click! :wink:

heavymetalparkinglot

Mensaje por heavymetalparkinglot » Vie 13 Ago, 2004 10:20