La Morte Ha Fatto l'Uovo AKA Death Laid an Egg (1967)

Sección dedicada al cine experimental. Largometrajes, cortos, series y material raro, prácticamente desconocido o de interés muy minoritario.
auess

La Morte Ha Fatto l'Uovo AKA Death Laid an Egg (1967)

Mensaje por auess » Vie 14 May, 2004 13:53

ImagenImagen

La Morte Ha Fatto l'Uovo (1967)
AKA: Death Laid an Egg
Plucked
Director: Giulio Questi
Genre: Surrealism Thriller, Giallo, Avant Garde
Tones: Enigmatic, Hallucinatory, Dreamlike, Tense, Quirky
Runtime: 90 min (maybe cut...)
Color: Color (Technicolor)
IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061994/
Photos&Posters: http://www.fantafilm.it/Schede/1961e/68-37T.htm

This is a deliriously strange thriller about a scientist (Jean-Louis Trintignant) who is breeding headless, boneless chickens at a high-tech farm. He's having an affair with Ewa Aulin, who is plotting with him to kill his wife (Gina Lollobrigida)...and she's plotting with Aulin to kill him...and he and Lollobrigida are plotting...oh, it's too confusing, but extremely memorable. The bizarre, only semi-linear editing and trippy cinematographic techniques are artifacts of the psychedelic era and combine with the twisted story to make any Euro-cultist's dreams come true. A film that defies easy categorization, it veers uneasily between giallo, drug film, and science-fiction, with heavy doses of romance and Antonioni-like weirdness. Some parts are even reminiscent of David Lynch's Eraserhead. Aulin was in the even stranger Microscopic Liquid Subway to Oblivion a few years later. A must-see for genre fans. — Robert Firsching

Murder and mutated chickens abound in Giulio Questi's demented avant garde giallo starring Jean-Louis Trintignant and Ewa Aulin. Must see surrealism!

This has to be one of the most cutting edge film's made to date , its wholly surreal and has a dreamlike quality that hypnotises me. When i first saw this film I don't think I blinked , then I watched it again straight off, it has an addictive charm that should be open for everyone too see, why its not being picked up by a distributor I will never know. The plot is an odd one , a mixture of industrial terrorism (who killed the new headless mutant chickens that yeild so much meat), Romance , Perversion and just plain odd. In the opening scene in a hotel while a prostitute is being brutally murdered we cut to a man covering his head in tape , someone pouring out toothpaste and various hideous rich people snorting with laughter. From the start it gives the message that everybody is mad, with their hidden psychosis and more obvious ones. Going any further into the plot will spoil the film so I will say nothing. Its worth trying to find this one , I got mine in Greece in the late 80's , but there must be some out there , somewhere.

2 different versions on mule:
ed2k linkla.morte.ha.fatto.l'uovo.avi ed2k link stats
(3 full source, several unfinished, unknown language.)
Specs for this one:
673.mb, 87 min, divx 5.0, 944kbit/s, 640*368, 25.00
mpeg1-layer3, 128kbit/s, 2(stereo), 44.100khz.

ed2k link(DivX.ITA).La.Morte.Ha.Fatto.L'Uovo.(G..Questi.1967).VHS-Rip.by.davide466.avi ed2k link stats
(Still unknown atm...)`