The Bed Sitting Room(1969, R.Lester's lost surreal classic!)

Sección dedicada al cine experimental. Largometrajes, cortos, series y material raro, prácticamente desconocido o de interés muy minoritario.
auess

The Bed Sitting Room(1969, R.Lester's lost surreal classic!)

Mensaje por auess » Vie 12 Mar, 2004 13:23

Found this on mule!!! 8O 8O 8O

The Bed Sitting Room (1969)

Director: Richard Lester
Country of Origin: U.K.
Genre: Comedy, Surreal film
Color: b/w/Color
Running Time: 90 min

i think this is one of the most bizarre surreal film ever made, everybody dont miss this rare cult classic!!!
sorry my web browser seems has some prob.. :cry: so i cant view most of webpages for now, laterly i'll added poster or some pictures...
only 1 source named "drij" for now, :!: hope somebody send a message to him ask him to keep sharing this rare gem for us.

A field day for funny collection of Brits. Weird picture originated in a well-known weird place, the mind of "Goon Show" alumnus Spike Milligan. An offbeat look at London after the bombs have been dropped, this episodic film follows several Blitz survivors (many of them played by British TV stars) as they make their way through the ruins of their great city. Lowe turns into a parrot, Washbourne becomes a chest of drawers, Tushingham announces that she's 17 months pregnant, and Richardson metamorphoses into a bed sitting room! Although the basic situation may not be the funniest set-up imaginable, the players manage to keep the laughs flying thick and fast. Former "Beyond the Fringe" alumni Cook and Moore are side-splittingly funny as government bureaucrats; Marty Feldman makes his debut.
After the shortest war in history (2 hours and 28 seconds, to be exact), Britain has been reduced to a fantastically decrepit, decaying landscape, full of broken dishes, escalators that go nowhere, and a few suffering survivors who attempt to "keep moving" while mutating into parrots and living rooms. An initially uncomfortable yet ultimately moving mixture of Goon Show-style comedy and disturbing, post-apocalyptic surrealism, Lester's "The Bed Sitting Room" is a lost film in search of a cult, never available on video and rarely broadcast on television. Don't miss what might be your only chance to see it (and on April Fool's Day, no less).

ed2k linkThe.Bed.Sitting.Room.(Richard.Lester,.1969).avi ed2k link stats

:D

Oldsen

Mensaje por Oldsen » Vie 12 Mar, 2004 13:29

UNBELIEVABLE!!! I WAS LOOKING FOR THIS ONE SINCE A LONG TIME AGO!!!! THANKS A LOT!!!

Pinchada, en alta prioridad (CLICKED, IN HIGH PRIORITY)

DIOOOOOOSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!
La vida no merece la pena. Los hermanos Marx, sí.

citovel

Mensaje por citovel » Vie 12 Mar, 2004 13:41

auess, you are our man in the east, in the north, the south, west, the upper room, the cellar... :plas:

trep

Mensaje por trep » Vie 12 Mar, 2004 19:43

LauRíSTiCa

Mensaje por LauRíSTiCa » Mar 16 Mar, 2004 08:59

Oldsen escribió:UNBELIEVABLE!!! I WAS LOOKING FOR THIS ONE SINCE A LONG TIME AGO!!!! THANKS A LOT!!!
Pinchada, en alta prioridad (CLICKED, IN HIGH PRIORITY)
IDEM. :mrgreen:
But thought I clicked it the same day you posted it, I haven´t been able to download a single byte. Only one source, but after 3 days, I´m still number 880 waiting in his queue. :?
http://www.wayney.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bsr.htm

auess

Mensaje por auess » Mié 17 Mar, 2004 02:16

did you talk with him, LauRíSTiCa, to ask him give you a slot i think that's better. :?

auess

Mensaje por auess » Jue 18 Mar, 2004 04:16

now added some specs:

87 min, 587MB
Divx, 803kbit/s, 768*502, 25.00
mpeg-1, Layer 3, 128kbit/s, 2(stereo), 48.000kHz
:roll:

Oldsen

Mensaje por Oldsen » Vie 02 Abr, 2004 19:20

I have it downloaded since two or three weeks ago... So-so quality.
La vida no merece la pena. Los hermanos Marx, sí.

nettos

Mensaje por nettos » Vie 02 Abr, 2004 19:52

¿ni siquiera imaginarse que hubiera subtìtulos de alguna especie para esto? :cry: Porque algo tan britànico, y sin entender ni jota... :cry: :cry: ¿could exist subs for this?
Imagen

ipomeo

Mensaje por ipomeo » Dom 26 Sep, 2004 18:56

subs por favor.