Denchu Kozo no boken (1987, japanese underground)

Sección dedicada al cine experimental. Largometrajes, cortos, series y material raro, prácticamente desconocido o de interés muy minoritario.
auess

Denchu Kozo no boken (1987, japanese underground)

Mensaje por auess » Lun 08 Mar, 2004 08:25

Imagen

Denchu Kozo no boken (1987)
Adventure of Denchu Kozo, The (1987)
Directed by Shinya Tsukamoto (director of "Tetsuo")
Genre: Horror / Sci-Fi / Experimental
Runtime: 47 min, 8mm
Language: Japanese
Color: Color
Subs: Unknown, seems italian hardcoded
IMDB
Some iNFO

A very fun, weird film. I like it.

I saw an untranslated copy of this film, so I'm certainly missing something of the story. But I really like it anyway. It seems to be about a young boy who has a lumpy metal pole that is growing out of his back. He finds some kind of apparatus that transports him to an ominous nether-world where he and a fierce woman with a book attached to her head fight some scary motorized vampire-thugs. Eventually he meets a heroic older guy who also has a pole growing out of his back--I think this guy might be sort of an idealized version of himself. Then he is transported back to his own world. This film has all the visual kicks of the first Tetsuo, but it's much more raw, and in color. It seems to have been produced on 16mm. It has a weird, fun, dorky innocence that the later Tetsuo films only vestigally had. It is very punk rock. I loved it... I wish I could see it shown on actual film, with English subtitles.

ed2k linkJap.Sub.Ita.-.L'Avventura.Del.Ragazzo.Dal.Palo.Elettrico.(Denchu-Kozo.No.Boken).-.Shinya.Tsukamoto.avi ed2k link stats