The Phoenix (1978, Kon Ichikawa)

Sección dedicada al cine experimental. Largometrajes, cortos, series y material raro, prácticamente desconocido o de interés muy minoritario.
auess

The Phoenix (1978, Kon Ichikawa)

Mensaje por auess » Mar 30 Dic, 2003 18:55

I found a really rare animation by GREAT japanese director Kon Ichikawa. :D
Kon Ichikawa is considered one of the masters of the immediate postwar generation of Japanese filmmakers — a generation often overshadowed by the titanic presence of Akira Kurosawa.
This is his only animation film!
Sorry, i cant find some picture or poster on net, BUT I KNEW THIS IS A REALLY WORTH-SEE FILM! somebody can find its pictures?

Hi no tori (1978)
The Phoenix
Genre: Fantasy / Adventure / Animation / Drama
Runtime: 137 min
Language: Japanese
Color: Color
Subs: has, but i dont know which one inside file.
IMDB
Allmovies

ed2k linkFenix.(Hi.no.tori)(1978)(Kon.Ichikawa)(jap)(Dvdrip.divx5.05)(Txopito)CD1.avi ed2k link stats
ed2k linkFenix.(Hi.no.tori)(1978)(Kon.Ichikawa)(jap)(Dvdrip.divx5.05)(Txopito)CD2.avi ed2k link stats
ed2k linkSubtitulos.castellano.Fenix.(Hi.no.tori)(1978)(Kon.Ichikawa)CD1_CD2..rar ed2k link stats

DavidM

Mensaje por DavidM » Mar 30 Dic, 2003 22:07

A couple of things. It's not an animated film: it's live action but the phoenix bird is a cartoon.

It's not a quite difficult film to find here. Here in Spain it's on dvd.

And people I trust has told me that it's a veeeery bad film. :( It's based on a manga by Osamu Tezuka, and if they've done the film exactly like the manga (that's what I've heard), I'm sure it must be really bad. Sorry.

DavidM

Faeton

Mensaje por Faeton » Mar 30 Dic, 2003 22:36

A couple of things more :D The film´s not so bad. In fact, it´s got a 7,3/10 at imdb. The problem is in how you approach it.

The film is based in a Tezuka manga, and in some ways it is one of the most "cartoonish" mangas of his. If you are familiar with the work of Tezuka you´d probably noticed the way he mixes drama, humor and the ridiculous, sometimes in the same page! The film tries to get this on celulloid, and from my pov, it succeeds. Having read the original manga, I frankly enjoyed this film. Yeah, it is not a masterwork: its only purpose is entertainment, but it did for me...