Morning Glory (Lowell Sherman, 1933) DVDRip VOSE + AE

Publica y encuentra enlaces p2p de filmes hasta 1980 en esta sección.
Jacob
Exprópiese

Morning Glory (Lowell Sherman, 1933) DVDRip VOSE + AE

Mensaje por Jacob » Mié 06 Jun, 2007 19:49

Morning Glory (1933)

Imagen
IMDB
Directed by Lowell Sherman
Writing credits Zoe Akins, Howard J. Green

Cast: Katharine Hepburn ... Eva Lovelace
Douglas Fairbanks Jr. ... Joseph Sheridan
Adolphe Menjou ... Louis (Lewis) Easton
Mary Duncan ... Rita Vernon, blonde star
C. Aubrey Smith ... R. H. "Bob" Hedges
Don Alvarado ... Pepi Velez
Fred Santley ... Will Seymour, Easton's bespectacled asst.
Richard Carle ... Henry Lawrence, elderly critic
Tyler Brooke ... Charley Van Duesen, alcoholic writer
Geneva Mitchell ... Gwendolyn Hall, brunette actress

Produced by Pandro S. Berman .... producer
Merian C. Cooper .... executive producer

Original Music by Max Steiner
Cinematography by Bert Glennon

Wolfman at FH:
Thank God Warner Bros is on the ball with Katharine Hepburn!

She deserves this and so do her fans.

"Morning Glory" - "My name is Eva Lovelace, my stage name, you've probably never heard of me because I'm just starting." - Hepburn won her first Oscar for Best Actress as a stagestruck girl destined to get into the theatre. There's supposedly a cut scene between her and Douglas Fairbanks Jr. where they perform the balcony scene from Romeo and Juliet, and I wish they would include it on the extra features, but I don't think they will for some reason. Adolphe Menjou co-stars as well.
The plot is simple: obsessively star-struck Eva Lovelace comes to Hollywood, and tries to get a role onstage. She's 'a bit of a character', amusing producer Lewis Easton and charming writer Joseph Sheridan right away. One of the best scenes in the film is when she introduces herself to the two of them: her incessant stream of chatter is a wonder to behold; some of the things she says funny and chilling at the same time. (Eva, for example, has envisioned her own death by her own hand, while onstage, at the 'xenith' of her career.) She is childish in her earnestness, and so romantic and imaginative that she is deeply stricken by the disappointments that pile one on top of another, be it tanking in a role or being unceremoniously 'dumped' by Easton after a one-night stand. The ending of the film is both chilling and puzzling: is Eva a character to be sympathised with, then?

In other words, the film itself is certainly nothing special. It would be forgotten except for the fact that Katharine Hepburn, screen legend, won her first Academy Award for it. Was it deserved? Much as I love Hepburn, I hesitate to say it is--there are roles she has played that are indubitably worthier than that of Eva Lovelace. (Tracy Lord in The Philadelphia Story comes immediately to mind.) Of course, the Academy never does seem to reward real merit; perhaps this award was as much for Little Women (released in the same year) as it was for Morning Glory.

This is not to say, of course, that Hepburn was bad. Far from it. She does a delightful job of portraying the obsessively earnest Eva, and she's a delight in her inebriated scenes. While drunk, her Eva displays undoubted signs of both the comic genius and the dramatic ability we've come to associate with Hepburn. Her reading of Shakespeare is both dark and evil, and light and lovely. Even the last, ambivalent scene, is a triumph for her.

{Even so, if you want to see Hepburn giving a masterful portrayal of a stagestruck actress, however, may I recommend the infinitely more entertaining (and qualitatively superior) film, STAGE DOOR. She is unreservedly excellent in that.}

For all we know of Eva Lovelace, she might well have been a morning glory--an overnight star, whose fame and fortune disappears almost as quickly as it began. We know far more about the actress who played Eva, of course, and we know for certain that Katharine Hepburn is no morning glory. Her career has lasted six decades; her impact on American film and the role of women therein is immeasurable... and, oddly enough, Morning Glory is how it all started. Perhaps, given Hepburn's unique and unconventional life and career, that is, in the end, most fitting.

Código: Seleccionar todo

Û                ÛÛ   Û    Morning Glory (1933)                             °  Û
Û                                                                              Û
Û  ±                    DivX Release..: 06/04/2007                             Û
Û                       DVD Release...: 05/29/2007                             Û
Û± ²±                   Video Codec...: XViD                                   ²
²²±    ±²   ±           Video Format..: 2Pass 1234kbit                      °  ²
Û²± °                   Audio Codec...: MPEG1 AudioLayer3                      ²
ÛÛ²± ±  ±               Audio Format..: MONO 78kbits/s                         ²
ÛÛÛ²°   ²               Aspect Ratio..: 1.37:1                                 Û
²ÛÛ² ±                  Frame Size....: 576 x 416                              Û
Û²Û²                    Framerate.....: 23.976                                 Û
ÛÛ² ±±                  Disks.........: CD1 698mb 50x15mb                     °Û
Û²    °                               : CD2 n/a                                Û
Û° °²                   Audio Language: English                                Û
²  ±                    Subs..........: English, French                    °  ÛÛ
Û ±                     Genre.........: Drama                                ÛÛ²
Û²°                     Runtime.......: 73min 44sec                          °°²
Û               °                                                         ² ÛÛ²² 
Û±                                                                        °Û²ÛÛÛ 
Previously on DXC: Gloria de un Día (Lowell Sherman, 1933) DVDRip Dual
Última edición por Jacob el Dom 25 May, 2008 16:30, editado 5 veces en total.

Shadow10

Mensaje por Shadow10 » Dom 01 Jul, 2007 11:55

Hola a todos.

He sincronizado los subtítulos en español para esta película utilizando los que subió a Opensubtitles quietman (a).
Imagen

Imagen

Imágenes de la película
Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Opensubtitles
Descarga directa

Emule
ed2k linkMorning Glory 1933 DVDRip XviD Fragment spanish.srt ed2k link stats

Saludos.
Última edición por Shadow10 el Dom 01 Jul, 2007 12:34, editado 1 vez en total.

Jma32

Mensaje por Jma32 » Dom 01 Jul, 2007 12:12

¡Excelente noticia!

Muchas gracias, Shadow. :plas:

Salud.Imagen

theycame2001

Mensaje por theycame2001 » Lun 02 Jul, 2007 07:48

¡Muchas gracias, Shadow10! :D

locutus
AKA Jean-Luc Picard

Mensaje por locutus » Lun 02 Jul, 2007 23:13

Gracias Shadow10.

Tragamuvis

Mensaje por Tragamuvis » Lun 02 Jul, 2007 23:55

Gracias, Jacob, una buen DVDrip de este opus de la Kate (que valida largamente toda la película con su estupenda actuación) es siempre bienvenido. Supe tener un dual, o algo así, pero se me perdió en alguna de las vastas lagunas de mi memoria, o en su defecto, en el fondo de un cajón extraviado en la niebla.
Celebremos entonces un ripeo que no ocupa lugar con el absurdo audio doblado y lo emplea en mejorar la calidad del video.
salú y euros
Arriba Evo, no te dejes
Arriba los pobres de Bolivia

Marcos

Mensaje por Marcos » Mar 03 Jul, 2007 01:23

Gracias

moonriver

Mensaje por moonriver » Dom 16 Mar, 2008 22:58

:D :D :D :D :D Añadido el audio español del ripeo de minyatur creo,a ver si alguien pudiese sincronizarlo,audio sin anuncios,lo probé y se desfasa muy poco pero como no comprendo el mundo de las sincronizaciones a ver si alguien con mas maña nos echa un cable,saludos

ed2k linkAudio Español No Sincronizado Gloria de un Dia.mp3 ed2k link stats

droid

Mensaje por droid » Dom 25 May, 2008 11:31

theycame2001

Mensaje por theycame2001 » Dom 25 May, 2008 17:33

¡Muchas gracias, Droid! Ahora no me acuerdo, pero creo que Katherine estaba doblada por la gran Celia Honrubia. ¡Voy a comprobarlo!

Saludos. :good:

moonriver

Mensaje por moonriver » Dom 25 May, 2008 17:40

:D :D :D :D :D Muchisimas Gracias Droid

alegre

Mensaje por alegre » Jue 17 Jul, 2008 07:03

gracias
Los directores que me enseñan a pensar me resultan admirables...
Los que trafican con mi pensamiento vendiendolo al mejor postor, sólo consiguen que desprecie toda su obra...
(Anónimo de principios del Siglo XXI)