Sleep, My Love (Douglas Sirk, 1948) DVDRip VOSE

Publica y encuentra enlaces p2p de filmes hasta 1980 en esta sección.
Wolfieman

Sleep, My Love (Douglas Sirk, 1948) DVDRip VOSE

Mensaje por Wolfieman » Jue 24 May, 2007 19:40

...and, we still have one more noir: :wink:

Imagen
*** This comment may contain spoilers ***

Although this film is included in most standard reference works on film noir, it's a "women's picture," belonging to that group of films ("Gaslight," "Midnight Lace," etc.) in which a husband is trying to drive his wife to suicide so that he may inherit her money and marry the floozy he's been carrying on with. In true noir, the plot situation would be reversed: a sexy woman entrapping a man to do murder ("Double Indemnity," "The Postman Always Rings Twice" etc.)
This film held my attention throughout and features a number of interesting performances. Here Don Ameche is cast against type as Richard Courtland, the conniving husband. Claudette Colbert plays Alison, his wife. She gives a satisfactory portrait of a very outgoing, charming society woman. Colbert was 44 when she made this film, but she appears younger. Raymond Burr turns up as a good guy here, playing a police lieutenant, rather opposite to the way Burr was usually cast, especially in noir. Rita Johnson does a fine bit as a ditzy rich society woman, Babry (ha!), a friend of Alison's from school days. A lot of this character would have been too much, but screenwriter St. Clair McKelway allowed her in just when she was needed to relieve tension. Hazel Brooks did a swell job as Daphne, Richard's cold, icy mistress who's in a hurry to see Alison dead so she can marry Richard and gain access to all of Alison's money. And Robert Cummings, in one of his more appealing screen portraits, plays Bruce Elcott, Mr. Right, Alison's savior.
The film has a good opening. Alison wakes up on a train, not knowing how she got there. The train is shown rushing through the night, Alison unable to stop it. There's a good sense of loss of control, of being whisked along to some unknown destination, powerless to stop the force taking her there. Is this nightmare or reality?
This film was directed by Douglas Sirk who went on during the 50s to direct a number of fancy melodramas with aging movie queens ("Imitation of Life"- Turner, etc.), but some of the hallmarks of those later productions are to be seen here in the fine wardrobe Colbert wears, in the fashionable Sutton Place setting, in the high society background.
NOTE: MAJOR SPOILER HERE, so don't read further if you don't want to know the film's outcome. But I want to correct an error in a major noir reference source. The plot summary in Film Noir: An Encyclopedic Reference to the American Style by Alain Silver, Elizabeth Ward and others has a major error in it and Ward's comment, which follows the plot summary, makes a misinterpretation because it relies on this error.
I watched the film's conclusion more than once, using the freeze frame and slow motion buttons to be sure my remarks are accurate. The film ends this way:
Richard has indeed drugged Alison before she goes to sleep. He goes to the kitchen to wash carefully the glass he'd put the drug in. We also learn he's given the servants the night off. And we see Vernay come into the back yard and rear entrance of the house. Richard tells Vernay to go into the living room and stand in the same position he'd taken up some weeks earlier to frighten Alison.
Richard then goes to Alison's bedroom, finds her fast asleep and begins to speak to her, suggesting that she must go down the stairs and into the living room of their home and shoot Vernay. "He's come to kill you," says Richard. "He's waiting downstairs. . . . The gun. Take the gun, there on the table." And so on. Under the influence of the drug Richard gave her earlier, Alison obeys Richard's commands. (All of this drug bit is movie hokum you'll just have to accept to enjoy this film.)
When Richard and Alison stand outside the sliding doors of the living room's entrance, the shadow of Vernay looms up behind the glass of the doors. Alison is pointing the gun toward Vernay, her finger on the trigger. "Shoot before he kills you," directs Richard. She can't do it, so Richard pulls the trigger for her. The shot shatters the glass in the door and Vernay falls out of sight.
Richard immediately calls the police. "I want to report a murder," he shouts into the phone. But Vernay is not dead- - just wounded. And he emerges from the living room. "Hang up that phone," he directs, and Richard does so, starting to mumble lame excuses, realizing his double-cross of Vernay has not worked. Alison has been shocked back into reality by all of this. "Mrs. Courtland, I insist that you listen," Vernay shouts and reveals details of the plot Richard and he were working against her.
With that, VERNAY shoots and KILLS RICHARD. He turns to Alison and cries, "I just killed your husband, Mrs. Courtland, and now you're going to kill yourself."At that moment, in comes Bruce Elcott, who throws a lamp at Vernay. This has the unfortunate effect of plunging the room into darkness. But Bruce gives chase to Vernay, who mounts the staircase to the top of the house. Lights go off and on; gunshots are exchanged as Bruce and Vernay go up the stairs. Vernay tries to escape through the skylight at the top of the stairs but falls several stories to the entrance hall to his death. I knew that those earlier shots up the magnificent staircase had to be put to some use, and Vernay's fall to death is a spectacular climax.
At this point, Bruce Elcott finds Alison and enfolds her in his arms, telling her, "Alison don't cry. In a little while, we'll be out of this house forever." The End.

Director: Douglas Sirk
Writers: St. Clair McKelway (screenplay), Leo Rosten (novel)

Cast(Complete credited cast)

Claudette Colbert ... Alison Courtland
Robert Cummings ... Bruce Elcott
Don Ameche ... Richard W. Courtland
Rita Johnson ... Barby
George Coulouris ... Charles Vernay
Queenie Smith ... Mrs. Grace Vernay
Ralph Morgan ... Dr. Rhinehart
Keye Luke ... Jimmie Lin
Fred Nurney ... Haskins
Raymond Burr ... Detective Sgt. Strake
Marya Marco ... Jeannie Lin (as Maria San Marco)
Lillian Bronson ... Helen, the Maid
Hazel Brooks ... Daphne
ed2k linkSleep, my Love (1948) DVDRip XviD Wolfman.avi ed2k link stats

Specs:

Filesize.....: 1,492 MB (or 1,528,806 KB or 1,565,497,344 bytes)
Runtime......: 01:31:46 (137,655 fr)
Video Codec..: XviD
Video Bitrate: 2046 kb/s
Audio Codec..: ac3 (0x2000) Dolby Laboratories, Inc
Audio Bitrate: 224 kb/s (112/ch, stereo) CBR
Frame Size...: 608x464 (1.31:1) [=38:29]

Subs: ed2k linkSleep, my Love (1948) DVDRip XviD Vobsubs Wolfman.rar ed2k link stats (only german)

Subítulos en español sincronizados por Capra

http://www.opensubtitles.org/es/subtitl ... my-love-es

IMDB

Have fun!

:wink:

Previously on DXC : DVDRip Dual
Only two things are infinite: The universe and human stupidity - and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein

Capra

Mensaje por Capra » Jue 24 May, 2007 23:26

Gracias Wolfieman.

Subs en español subidos por nando2.

titles

Nalekh

Mensaje por Nalekh » Vie 25 May, 2007 11:21

Pues con los subs en español me lanzo. Gracias a Wolfieman y a Capra por avisar de lo de Nando2.

Cuanto agradecimiento en solo dos mensajes.

Capra

Mensaje por Capra » Mié 06 Jun, 2007 00:34

Subtítulos para esta versión del Gran Lobezno.

Subs sincronizados

Cuando me recupere, me pondré con los de El asesino poeta - Lured (si nadie lo remedia).

Wolfieman

Mensaje por Wolfieman » Mié 06 Jun, 2007 18:34

:shock: Wow, you guys are really amazing! That's what I call community.... :wink:
Only two things are infinite: The universe and human stupidity - and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein

roisiano
Polemista nato

Sleep, my Love (Douglas Sirk, 1948) DVDRip VOSE (MKV)

Mensaje por roisiano » Mié 23 Feb, 2011 21:11

Pasemos a los datos técnicos:

Ripeo anamórfico

Código: Seleccionar todo

Resolution: 714 x 572
Frame aspect ratio: 357:286 = 1.248251
Pixel aspect ratio: 761:714 = 1.065826
Display aspect ratio: 761:572 = 1.330419 (~4:3)
con esta configuración:

"C:\x264.exe" --preset veryslow --tune film --crf 19.5 --no-chroma-me --level 4.1 --output "C:\mi_ripeo.mkv" "C:\mi_script.avs" --sar 16:15
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen

Format : Matroska 
File size : 1.76 GiB 
Duration : 1h 31mn 
Overall bit rate : 2 740 Kbps 
Encoded date : UTC 2011-02-20 13:19:31 
Writing application : mkvmerge v4.0.0 ('The Stars were mine') built on Jun 6 2010 16:18:42 
Writing library : libebml v1.0.0 + libmatroska v1.0.0 

Video 
ID : 1 
Format : AVC 
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec 
Format profile : High@L4.1 
Format settings, CABAC : Yes 
Format settings, ReFrames : 16 frames 
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC 
Bit rate : 2 557 Kbps 
Width : 714 pixels 
Height : 572 pixels 
Display aspect ratio : 4:3 
Original display aspect ratio : 4:3 
Frame rate : 25.000 fps 
Color space : YUV 
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 
Bit depth : 8 bits 
Scan type : Progressive 
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.250 
Stream size : 1.64 GiB (93%) 
Writing library : x264 core 114 r1900 60ef1f8 
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=16 / deblock=1:-1:-1 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=10 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.15 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=24 / chroma_me=0 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-3 / threads=6 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=8 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=60 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=19.5 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00 
Language : English 

Audio 
ID : 2 
Format : MPEG Audio 
Format version : Version 1 
Format profile : Layer 3 
Mode : Joint stereo 
Codec ID : A_MPEG/L3 
Codec ID/Hint : MP3 
Bit rate mode : Constant 
Bit rate : 128 Kbps 
Channel(s) : 2 channels 
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz 
Compression mode : Lossy 
Stream size : 84.0 MiB (5%) 
Writing library : LAME3.98r 
Encoding settings : -m j -V 4 -q 2 -lowpass 17 -b 128 
Language : English 

Text #1 
ID : 3 
Format : UTF-8 
Codec ID : S_TEXT/UTF8 
Codec ID/Info : UTF-8 Plain Text 
Language : Spanish 

Text #2 
ID : 4 
Format : UTF-8 
Codec ID : S_TEXT/UTF8 
Codec ID/Info : UTF-8 Plain Text 
Language : German  

:arrow: ed2k linkSleep.My.Love.1948.DVDRip.x264.mkv ed2k link stats (DVDRip V.O. con subtítulos en español y alemán en el contenedor MKV )

Me costó más de una hora sincronizar los subtítulos (he partido de los de nando2 y he sincronizado casi línea por línea) y, aún así, no quedaron perfectos (aunque sí "razonablemente bien").

Si alguien quiere revisarlos:
:arrow: Subtítulos en español en descarga directa por si alguien desea mejorarlos

----------------------------------------------------

Imagen Imagen

Web oficial del codec x264 (inglés) | Web en español sobre el codec x264
Manual de ripeo con x264 en línea de comandos (español) | Parámetros de codificación (inglés)
Contenedor Matroska (español) | Matroska en wikipedia (español): software de PC compatible, etc.
MKVToolnix, herramientas de edición para matroska (inglés) | Tutorial MKVToolnix (español)
MKVExtractGui | Manual de extracción de cadenas de audio/vídeo/subtítulos en MKV (español)
Florentino, fíchame.
Por 6.000 € netos mensuales te convierto en el mejor presidente de la historia.