Flickorna (Mai Zetterling, 1968) VHSRip VO

Publica y encuentra enlaces p2p de filmes hasta 1980 en esta sección.
auess

Flickorna (Mai Zetterling, 1968) VHSRip VO

Mensaje por auess » Jue 08 Sep, 2005 15:24

Imagen

Flickorna (1968)

Directed by
Mai Zetterling

Also Known As:
The Girls (UK) (USA)
Runtime: 100 min
Language: Swedish
Color: Black and White
Sound Mix: Mono
imdb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062981/
User Comments: Relevance to terrorist attack on New York.

I've just seen this film today, 19 Sept., and couldn't help but think of the New York terrorist attack. I read a letter to the editor about the attack and it said that if women were ruling the world the attacks would never have happened. However, this prescient film shows that that ain't necessarily so.

What's so good about this film is the fair treatment it gives of women, showing their frivolous and silly side as well as the struggle to deal with their roles in their world. I liked the fight between the women, and the pathetic attempt Liz made to stir her audience into speaking, without any thought for who it was she addressed.

Thirty-three years after it was made, the film is relevant and moving.

ed2k linkThe.Girls.1968.VHSRip.XviD-Malachi.avi ed2k link stats

Imagen

Nattlek (1966)

Directed by
Mai Zetterling

Also Known As:
Night Games
Runtime: 105 min
Language: Swedish
Color: Color
Sound Mix: Mono
imdb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060740/
User Comments: Interesting moody film.

Jan (Keve Hjelm) goes back to his mother's old decadent mansion and recalls many things, good and bad. Not a great premise, but former actress Mai Zetterling's third directorial effort is particularly interesting for atmosphere, rich décors, flashback scenes (some shot in anamorphic lenses) and the cast (Ingrid Thulin as the mother is wonderful, alternately bitchy, menacing, cold, loving, sad; Jan's flashback scenes are played by fine child actor Jörgen Lindström, who featured so prominently in Ingmar Bergman's "Tystnaden/The Silence" and "Persona")

If you like strange moody films, this might be an interesting curio, probably very difficult to find these days. My vote: 6 out of 10.

ed2k linkNight.Games.1966.VHSRip.XviD-Malachi.avi ed2k link stats

(Sharing by our great film sharer Malachi now, these 2 films are definitely great classics from 60s New Swedish Cinema, Mai Zetterling is also one of the greatest female director in the world. Don't miss them.)