Spring in a Small Town (Fei Mu, 1948) VOSI

Publica y encuentra enlaces p2p de filmes hasta 1980 en esta sección.
auess

Spring in a Small Town (Fei Mu, 1948) VOSI

Mensaje por auess » Vie 17 Jun, 2005 05:29

Imagen

Xiao cheng zhi chun (1948)

Directed by
Fei Mu

Also Known As:
Spring in a Small Town (USA)
Runtime: 93 min
Language: Mandarin
Color: Black and White
Sound Mix: Mono
imdb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0189219/
nice review: http://www.talkingpix.co.uk/ReviewsSpri ... n1948.html
Fei Mu (1906-1951) was a talented screen director He acquired a profound understanding and good command of the traditional techniques of artistic expression in classical Chinese aesthetics and the characteristics of realism in film production. He tried hard to achieve a perfect combination of the two in film creation. Fei Mu was adept at portraying the temperament of the characters and their individual traits, especially in vivid, detailed depictions of their psychological activities and in employing various art factors to serve such portrayals, thus forming a style of his own. Pictures in the films he directed were concise and compact, with a graceful composition and slow but fresh and elegant rhythms.

Fei Mu made ten films, including Night in the City and Spring in a Small Town, which is considered his most representative piece. spring in a Small Town deals with the sentiments among the members of a family It is a work of high artistry and cinematography. The film describes the feelings, moral consciousness, psychological characteristics, and behavior of ordinary people. it was precisely in the elegant, graceful, and delicate form of film that such descriptions resided and the true human nature and the sense of beauty of the art achieved perfect harmony. The film was listed at the top of the ten best Chinese films by critics abroad in the 1980s and won fame for Chinese cinema around the world.

For more than three decades, Fei Mu's Spring in a small town was a forgotten film. Fei Mu moved to Hong Kong soon after making it, and died there in 1951. He was later reviled as a "rightist" by the apparatchiks who wrote the official history of Chinese film for the Communist Party, and none of his films was deemed important.

This picture began to change only in the early 1980s, when the China Film Archive re-opened (like other institutions, it had been closed down during the Cultural Revolution) and made a new print from the original negative of Spring in a small town. The film quickly found a new and admiring audience. Many Chinese critics - especially in Hong Kong and Taiwan - consider it the greatest Chinese film ever made.

Note:This film is a truly great classic, Wei wei (her name is same with me... :wink: )'s stunning performance is one of the best I've ever seen in the film. I've translated all dialogues to english, give me some time to adjust delay time, just get the film at first.

Spring in a Small Town - The best Chinese-language movie of all time

Imagen

ed2k linkFei.Mu.-.Xiaocheng.zhichun.-.Spring.in.a.Small.Town.(1948).-(auess).avi ed2k link stats

ed2k linkFei.Mu.-.Xiaocheng.zhichun.-.Spring.in.a.Small.Town.(1948).English.subs.-(auess).srt ed2k link stats

:sorpreson:
Última edición por auess el Lun 20 Jun, 2005 13:12, editado 1 vez en total.

Fitzcarraldo

Mensaje por Fitzcarraldo » Vie 17 Jun, 2005 06:13

your name is Wei Wei? but thanks! All of these chinese classics are really great! :plas: :plas:

Fredersen

Mensaje por Fredersen » Vie 17 Jun, 2005 09:38

Wonderful! :D I have Tian Zhuangzhuang's remake, but didn't want to watch it before I had the chance to see Fei Mu's original. Now, thanks to you, I'll finally be able to see this mythic film. A million thanks! :)

And by the way, auess, what do you know about the availabilty of the films in this list? http://www.chinesecinemas.org/chinacentury.html To my knowledge, practically everything from the beginning of the century to the 60's is impossible to find. Are some of those at least available in China? I'd love to see things like Street Angel or The Lin Family Shop (I love Mao Dun's original story). :roll:

fiddles

Mensaje por fiddles » Vie 17 Jun, 2005 10:55

thanks i shall click! :)
Klumpt mest wit mine Lishtinkt, finally reaching the concalushan that everything- absolutely everything- unwraps, spreads and reveals itself. But that was way back when.

Jacob
Exprópiese

Mensaje por Jacob » Vie 17 Jun, 2005 15:00

Thank you very much!

:wink:

by_MaRio

Mensaje por by_MaRio » Vie 17 Jun, 2005 15:11

Thanks a lot for this great classic, auess :plas: :plas: :plas:
though there are no subs :|

Fitzcarraldo

Mensaje por Fitzcarraldo » Vie 17 Jun, 2005 19:50

I've translated all dialogues to english, give me some time to adjust delay time, just get the film at first.
:wink: just give him time.

by_MaRio

Mensaje por by_MaRio » Vie 17 Jun, 2005 20:21

I've translated all dialogues to english, give me some time to adjust delay time, just get the film at first.
:wink: just give him time.
Sorry, didn't read it cause of the emotion :oops:

trep

Mensaje por trep » Vie 17 Jun, 2005 20:48

:sorpreson: :plas: :sorpreson:
Thanks Auess! I can't click it right now, but I will as soon as I am back home in a week or so :D

holleymartins
I was a friend of Harry Lime

Mensaje por holleymartins » Vie 17 Jun, 2005 20:51

Thank you very much auess for bringing us another great classic.

And this time subs. included !! :plas: :plas: :plas:

auess

Mensaje por auess » Sab 18 Jun, 2005 18:57

Fitzcarraldo escribió:your name is Wei Wei? but thanks! All of these chinese classics are really great! :plas: :plas:
yes. 8) but not the same characters, just the same pronunciation.
btw, Fitz could you please help me post this release into FH forum? I can't connect FH right now... :(
by_MaRio escribió:Sorry, didn't read it cause of the emotion
sure, I don't know if my a little bit poor english can translate these very literary and graceful dialogues very well, but I'll do my best. :oops:
trep escribió:Thanks Auess! I can't click it right now, but I will as soon as I am back home in a week or so
I'll keep sharing till enough full sources. :)
Fredersen escribió:...And by the way, auess, what do you know about the availabilty of the films in this list? http://www.chinesecinemas.org/chinacentury.html To my knowledge, practically everything from the beginning of the century to the 60's is impossible to find. Are some of those at least available in China? I'd love to see things like Street Angel or The Lin Family Shop (I love Mao Dun's original story).
you'r right, in the list some of early chinese films were already lost, some of them are only available in china, and only chinese language no any subs...I think the only chance you can see these early gems with english or other subs is on some chinese early movies exhibitions or festivals hold in your country. :o I saw street angel once, it's a very funny comedy, sure one of the best, if I got I'll share it. "The Lin Family Shop" I never seen yet, but I trust Mao Dun's work is very high level.

BTW: more chinese classics will be out in the future, including other Ruan Lingyu's silent films except "The Goddess", for example "Little Toys" "New Woman"; and a realistic film classic "Spring Silkworms".

holleymartins

Mensaje por holleymartins » Dom 19 Jun, 2005 14:12

auess escribió:more chinese classics will be out in the future, including other Ruan Lingyu's silent films except "The Goddess", for example "Little Toys" "New Woman"
8O 8O
Oh my God !!! I thought "The Goddess" was going to be the only one Ruan Lingyu's film I could have the chance to see.

Thank you very much for givin' us the chance to see these gems :plas: :plas: :plas:

Fredersen

Mensaje por Fredersen » Dom 19 Jun, 2005 21:01

auess escribió: BTW: more chinese classics will be out in the future, including other Ruan Lingyu's silent films except "The Goddess", for example "Little Toys" "New Woman"; and a realistic film classic "Spring Silkworms".
Amazing! 8O "The Goddess" has been easily available in Europe lately (and in the emule, of course), but I didn't imagine that anything else by the same director would be released one day. Thanks for all that, auess! :)

auess

Mensaje por auess » Lun 20 Jun, 2005 13:19

ed2k linkFei.Mu.-.Xiaocheng.zhichun.-.Spring.in.a.Small.Town.(1948).English.subs.-(auess).srt ed2k link stats

FINALLY!... :sorpreson: English subtitles finished! :cabezon: now you can enjoy this great classic. :P

What a poetic dialogues they are! I can't ensure my little english level translated them very accurately, but I really did my best. If any mistakes you find, just correct them by yourself. :wink:

by the way, somebody please help me update this link or post the whole releases into FH? MUXH THANKS IN ADVANCE. :o

Fitzcarraldo

Mensaje por Fitzcarraldo » Lun 20 Jun, 2005 13:48

thanks auess!!!!!!! thanks thanks thanks thanks!!! :plas: :plas: :plas: I've post this and the movie in Fh as you resquested ;)

KoroshiyaOne escribió:Huge thanks to auess for this. Been wanting to see it for ages.

If it's any help, there's an english-language translation of the script here: http://mclc.osu.edu/rc/pubs/spring/default.htm
maybe it's late to tell you this? :o

morus

Mensaje por morus » Lun 20 Jun, 2005 14:09

Thks auess, i'll start the downloading tonight.

Arremula

Mensaje por Arremula » Lun 20 Jun, 2005 14:46

Thx auess for this gem. :plas:

Rare, rare, rare indeed.

auess

Mensaje por auess » Lun 20 Jun, 2005 16:06

Fitzcarraldo escribió:thanks auess!!!!!!! thanks thanks thanks thanks!!! :plas: :plas: :plas: I've post this and the movie in Fh as you resquested ;)

KoroshiyaOne escribió:Huge thanks to auess for this. Been wanting to see it for ages.

If it's any help, there's an english-language translation of the script here: http://mclc.osu.edu/rc/pubs/spring/default.htm
maybe it's late to tell you this? :o
A little bit late really. it would save a lot of my translating time if I could have seen it earlier... :( :( :(
but I'm happy quality of my rip is far better than that vhs copy the web showed. :)

holleymartins

Mensaje por holleymartins » Lun 20 Jun, 2005 20:55

Completed and sharing.

And thanks for the subs :plas: :plas:.

kimkiduk

Mensaje por kimkiduk » Lun 20 Jun, 2005 21:05

sospecho que lo de los subs en castellano anda jodido, a ver cuántas líneas son porque la película tiene muy buena pinta
Gracias por los enlaces
:roll: :roll: